vileoxidation
Participant
@vileoxidation

Hello everyone! I have a question about a tattoo-related topic. I am getting ready to get my first tattoo, but I just thought of something that might cause me to wait awhile. I have also been in the process of being approved by my insurance for a breast-reduction, and I just realized there may be a problem with having my surgery if I have a recent tattoo. Does anyone know about having surgery with recent tattoos? Can anyone direct me to some information about this subject so that I can educate myself?

Thanks for the help!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

how recent are we talking ?? if longer than 4 weeks i wouldnt see any problems with it .
but im not certain as its not something i have had to deal with myself .

also where do you plan on placing the tattoo ? because if it is the breast area you would be best waiting because your body will be changing shape and that could change the look of your tattoo

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
Butterfly_Kisses;59524 wrote:
how recent are we talking ?? if longer than 4 weeks i wouldnt see any problems with it .
but im not certain as its not something i have had to deal with myself .

also where do you plan on placing the tattoo ? because if it is the breast area you would be best waiting because your body will be changing shape and that could change the look of your tattoo

Yup… I agree

vileoxidation
Participant
@vileoxidation

Well, I am getting the tattoo this week, and the surgery isn’t going to be until at least March, so there will be more than a month between the two. I actually went ahead and called my doctor after posting this, thinking that might just be the best thing to do, and they said it shouldn’t be an issue, as long as, like you guys said, its not in the breast area. It’s gonna be on my back, so there shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Thank you guys for the help!

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

I think the only thing that tattoos prevent you from doing is donating blood.
You can’t donate for a year after getting ink.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.