Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

So I’m sure a few of you have seen my tree piece.

My friend mentioned to me the other day that we haven’t gotten tattoos together yet…

I would like to get a tattoo with him, but I’m not %100 on what yet. I’ve wanted a bull wrapped in chains for quite some time; but I think I’ll wait on that.

The work I want to get done would be a “moon-set” behind my tree.
I’d like a lot of dark purple/blue ink…and a lot of wispy clouds all around.

What do ya all think?

I also don’t want to COMPLETELY break the bank on the thing either…
So do you think I would have to fill a whole lot of area up in order to get the desired affect?
(I haven’t even brought the idea up with my artist yet; but I trust his judgment.)

Either way…I’ll probably just do it.
Just looking for some reassurance, really!
Haha.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

to be honest i think i would leave the tree alone and get the moon set some place else
maybe the top of your arm ( ball ) just a thought

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba
Butterfly_Kisses;59107 wrote:
to be honest i think i would leave the tree alone and get the moon set some place else
maybe the top of your arm ( ball ) just a thought

Appreciate the opinion…and I’ll be honest, for some reason the simplicity of your comment made me take a step back and maybe reconsider. But I tend to get an idea in my head…and it doesn’t go away.

The only reason I’d get it would be for filler.
I wouldn’t want an individual tattoo of a moon-set…

Ugh.
I’m torn.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i just feel that the tree makes more of a statement alone .. start adding to it and it might look more like a scene . .

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

the last thing you want is a scene, the tree tattoo is nice and probably cost a lot of money, so making it part of a background instead of a feature wouldnt make much sense

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I think adding a big blueish white moon near the top (maybe an owl silhouette flying across it) and having a deep purple night scene all around the tree would look awesome. The only thing is you’d have to go big and it’d cost quite a bit I’d imagine.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Bump for more opinions!

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I think that if the moon is done without any bold, hard lines, it would compliment the tree, as opposed to compete with it. I think it could come out really nicely.

iMark
Participant
@imark

I think your tree piece is beautiful in its own right, so I’d be reluctant to add to it.

Were I in your shoes I’d probably ask a tattoo artist to work up options integrating a moon with the tree, and also with the moon as a separate tattoo in it’s own right to see which I prefer.

That said, I agree with Butterfly – top of the arm could be very nice.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

i think a moon would look cool if it’s’ not too detailed so it doesn’t compete with your tree.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.