j9911
@

Hi, I have a scar stretching across my stomache, it’s quite big and visable, the scar is around 16 years old and is there due to an operation. Can scars be tattoo’d over? Safely? I’m just worried incase I had this done and it turned out disgusting and made it look even worse.

Advise please:o

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

Hi J9

I’ve actually seen some pretty good scares covered up I can’t remember though what the certain years you’ve had to have the scare for before you can tattoo over it(16 is plenty). I’ve been browsing these forums for a little while now and there seems to be some pretty intelligent people here so I’m sure some one will be able to clarify it better for you.

Cheers
Marcus

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It depends on the type of scar to be honest.

Most surface scars or scars done with a sharp instrument such as a knife/scalpel that hasn’t dug out a load of flesh can usually be tattooed over quite well.

That said certain lighter colours such as red or yellow may struggle it depends on the age and condition of the scar.

Scars that have been caused by deep burns, skin graphs, tear trauma are usually difficult to impossible to tattoo over as the tissue is too damaged to accept the pigment.

That said I had a number of fine line scars across my back caused by glass and a knife which have covered over nicely with my back tattoo.

You are best speaking with an artist who has experience of this type of work and not just one who will tell you yes for the money.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.