Freeman13
Participant
@freeman13

First of all, I would like to say hi to all!

Secondly, I would like to ask you guys for ideas for my tattoo. You see, currently, I have ” nosce te ipsum ” inked on my upper arm ( cursive font, slightly bend like the letter n ) I was thinking of adding a cross with banner and on the banner would be ” Semper Fidelis “. What do you guys think? Would it look nice? Or are there any other things I could ink? I would try to get a pic up ASAP. Thanks in advance guys!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

What does the exsisting tattoo mean?
Im not going to google it, because I don’t feel like it lol.

i

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Know thy self? [Thats what I found from Google.com]

-IMO when you have one exisiting quote, adding a second quote to the same location will take away from each other. If you want to add a cross/banner… cool. If you want Semper Fi, that’s fine too BUT put it in a different place.

[On a side note…. if you were trying to type as if you have proper grammar/punctuation— try harder! I wasn’t impressed lol]

Freeman13
Participant
@freeman13

hmmm what do you mean take away?

Also, I’m typing as how I would say it in real life. And mind you English is not my first language. Mine’s chinese.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba
BIKERinBLACK77;59036 wrote:
Know thy self? [Thats what I found from Google.com]
[On a side note…. if you were trying to type as if you have proper grammar/punctuation— try harder! I wasn’t impressed lol]

Why are you such a fucking douche-bag all the time?
Insisting upon introductions…when nobody gives a shit.
Referring to google as though you have anything better to do than reply. I mean really, this is a forum about TATTOOS. We answer questions.
Crying about everyone’s preferences for art…
And acting as though you’re an English professor and we are all your students.

I’ve held my tongue, but seriously…grow the fuck up.
Do you not have any influence in the world outside of your keyboard?
Your egotistical internet sense of superiority is extremely annoying.

To the OP:
I do think that two quotes next to each other would be awkward.
But I tend not to like tattoos with writing no matter the placement, so I’m not the best judge.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sorry i can’t help on the quotes as i don’t really know about the meaning but if you post up a pic of the space you have i can pass my opinion on the cross 😀

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

is it placed fairly far up your arm? (existing tattoo) if so, get the cross below it and the other quote below the cross, 1 above 1 below.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Freeman13;59066 wrote:
hmmm what do you mean take away?

By putting two quotes that close together, they distract from each other, and make each quote appear to be less special. That’s what he means.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.