MrSultan531
Participant
@mrsultan531

I am going back to get a rather large dragon added to my back, and both me and the artist dont really know how long it will take. We have an all day appointment set up, and he said if we need more time i can just come back the next day.

Due to the size of the dragon (tail wraped around arm, body going down the right half of my back over to my left side under phoenix) is it okay to do two 6-8 hour sittings in two back to back days? I am pretty sure i can tolerate the process, i just dont know if it is safe to put my body through that ammount of pain, or have that large of an area to heal.

The phoenix was done in 3.5 hours and healed without any bleeding, oozing, scabbing or any problems (my cousin thought it was fake because there was no redness 12 hours later and his brother would bleed for like 2 days)

I just dont want to say yea lets do 16 hours within 48 hours, and get sloppy work, pass out, or have some horrible healing problem.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I’d space it out more, mainly because you don’t want to over work your skin but also as you said; cramming that much work into 2 sittings might/could result in sloppy work.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

my partner went back the second day when he had his arm done , but i have always left it two weeks between my sessions

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

You should really never work the same skin again without a miniimum of two to three weeks heal time in between. However, you can do a second session if the area being worked is fresh. I usually work just the outline first on big or complicated peices. Then schedule a second session in three weeks for color fill. If the artist is working on lining a different section of skin than the first day, its doable. If there is an area where work overlaps from the previous day, you will have healing problems there. The first twenty four hours is critical in healing. Reworking the same skin at that point is just gonna chew up everything.:mad:

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I’ve just had some work done on my arm, outlines and some shading, and my artist told me to wait 2-3 weeks and let this heal first, then he’ll finish off the colouring in.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi as has been said.

If you are tattooing a fresh area of skin then do it otherwise avoid going over the same area for at least 2 weeks.

You overwork the skin it will look crap and heal badly.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.