Raven_Pixie
Participant
@raven_pixie

Hi, I don’t have a tattoo but have been pondering the idea for loong time. I adore native american art and was considering a back peice. Was hoping for some opinions. Was considering either a simple greyscale dreamcatcher with coloured beads beween my shoulder blades or some a little more extravegant. What I had in mind was liek a grey scale native american scene, starting at the very bottom of my back and going up to about my wasit line. I wanted to incorporate lots of imagery, such as wolves in like a mountainous background, maybe an indian woman in a canoe in a stream, clouds, the moon..that kiond of thing. What do you think? I do have kind of curvy hips, am a size 12 and am wondering would my shape effect the art? Also, if I gain weight or get stretchmarks due to pregnancy later on, would this distort the tattoo? Do you think it would be too severe for a woman to get such a tattoo, maybe its more a masculine tatt? I’ve wanted some kind of native american tattoo for ages the reason I haven’t is because I hate the thought of my granny with a tattoo lol and that will be me some day, but I’m thinking maybe I should just take the plunge and go with it and enjoy it while I’m young.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well personally I love full on backpieces and have nearly completed my own. Personally I do not think your concept is particulary masculine as it will make a stunning piece of art.

The back is not usually badly effected by stretch marks but maybe a little around the kidneys/hips – this can cause a slight distortion but would have to be very severe to damage the tattoo.

You could always have each dream catcher depicting a different scene in their centre and have clouds or smoke combining them.

Alternatively size 12 is plenty of space on a back to get something detailed.

Take Care
Matthew

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

EEK :X you said “Indian Woman” now they will find you and rip you apart for not saying “Native American Woman” :D:D

Sounds cool though, size 12 is just fine XD dont forget to post some pictures

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

Sounds cool! I like the use of the canoe alot. I’ll be getting an indian themed tattoo pretty soon so I’m definitely into that sort of work. Although ours are going to be vastly different. Yours sounds like it’ll be more realistic and more of a tribute to the culture. Mine will be very colorful and full of symbols intertwined with my own lust for bass guitar and zoology, more of a tribute to myself really. Plus mine would be a desert setting whereas your idea sounds more like a forest. I can’t wait to see it! You should do it! Back pieces our great!

Also, as long as you don’t call her a squaw or a skin I think you’ll be alright calling her an indian woman. 😀

Raven_Pixie
Participant
@raven_pixie

LOL thanks. Didn’t even realise oops! Your tatt sounds great too!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

“I hate the thought of my granny with a tattoo lol and that will be me some day”

This made me smile, there’s nothing wrong with being a granny with tats! I’m a granny of two lovely granddaughters and proud of my tats, and planning on more……………go ahead, have them if you want them, I don’t regret mine!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.