Beginequilibrium
Participant
@beginequilibrium

Possibly my favorite book ever, Slaughterhouse-Five, has an amazing quote that reads. “So it goes.”
The phrase is used whenever Vonnegut talks about death and destruction, as in “the bomb went off…people died…So it goes..” it shows that no matter what we do there will always be war, even though it is an anti-war book. (Very good read by the way.) But I want to get the so it goes phrase on the inside of my bicep/tricep but I was kind of hoping for something that symbolizes life, being destroyed, but not too gruesome or large. Maybe a tree starting to go up in flames, and have “So it goes.” going up the trunk or something to that extent.
Any and all help will be appreciated.
I need ideas!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Depends on what style you like could have;

a vine that is starting to wither.
flowers that have begun to wilt and die.
a timer counting down.
an hourglass with the sand forming a skull or reaper.

I have seen art where a person or object is looking into a mirror and showing them in skeletal or decay.

There could be cupped hands catching the sands of life as it pours through the fingers.

Just a few to get you thinking.

Take Care
Matthew

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

I’m really liking your tree on fire idea. Instead of having the words going up the trunk, I would have them above the flames and make it so it looks like the words are made of smoke.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
ChaosDani;58629 wrote:
I’m really liking your tree on fire idea. Instead of having the words going up the trunk, I would have them above the flames and make it so it looks like the words are made of smoke.

Quoted for awesome!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Beginequilibrium
Participant
@beginequilibrium

Thanks for the ideas everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚
I’ll put a sketch up whenever I can make up my mind.

Lumal
Participant
@lumal

I love vonnegut. And i love your tree idea. Have you read cat’s gradle?

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

Anti war… maybe a Swiss Flag incorperated somewhere :L ๐Ÿ˜›

Nah seriously though, the mirror/self decay reflection thing sounds AWESOME really consider it, cool ideas all round

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.