vala
Participant
@vala

…well I know for a while now i’ve been wanting to get my other arm done and due to the amount of time it takes for me to get something pieced together (before handing it over to a tattoo artist) I thought I may as well start brainstorming now.
however i seem to be in a pickle with this one:confused:
the main idea is for a calming, peaceful design. however im also torn as to whether use a gypsy lady image and also an image of Zhong Kui, I noticed the image completly by chance whilst searching through wikipedia. pic is too large to put on here so until i work out how to make the image better for this thread you can wikipedia it. brief blurb is its a figure of chinese mytholgy who deals with the vanquishing of ghosts and evil beings.
not 100% on using it yet however its on the list.
anyone care to brainstorm with me? just add any random ideas you have to do with what you think should go into a calming and peaceful tattoo.

thank you all:)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Is this the one you mean?

shoki.jpg

vala
Participant
@vala

yes ArniVidar, that was the image. although it was just the head part I was thinking about. still unsure on it and whether it would fit into the design but its just an option.

thank you for uploading it:)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Quite welcome 🙂

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Are you planning to have it in black and grey like your other one?

vala
Participant
@vala

Hi there Joker1. Yeah planning on going black and grey again. tbh I just think it suits my skin tone better.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

the beard could be a problem due to the fact its solid black, but im sure you can work something out with your artist, if you took the pic in, its a nice piece in the making

vala
Participant
@vala

just thought i’d update this thread as a) its been a while since i’ve been online, and b) I think I’ve sorted the idea out! bloody chuffed..its only taken 8 months!
so the sleeve should involve:
lotus flower
gypsy lady/sugar skull
waterfull/waves
clown
possibly other flower/peaceful image filling in along with waterfull/waves
using the Zhang Kui image is up in the air….just think this will turn it more Japanese although that may well be the influence behind the piece yet trying not to use lots of Japanese material.

unsure whether a) its too much or b) it will all work together but im sure the artist can sort this out. i don’t really want to take images to
what do you guys and gals think? too much conflicting influences? do you think it can be made to work?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.