stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

So recently I’ve been getting acne around my tattoo. I just got my upper back tattoo’d and there’s a lot of acne forming around it. It’s not white heads or anything, more like red bumps. Is this common?

Philter
Participant
@philter

from what i read in the past. its just your skin reaccting to the ink from the tattoo. it should stop soon, make sure you dont scratch it 🙂

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Are you washing it at all?

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

This is a little kind of off, but I was wondering it you can tattoo over backne. It so, when it heals would the artist have to go back over it. TIA

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

If the tattoo is still in the healing process, its probably just the aftercare. you rub greasy lotions into the skin and its common to get clogged pores. Aquaphor does that to me. Stop using whatever lotion it is, and just wash the more frequently. If its near an already healed tattoo, then its just normal acne, nothing to worry about.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d
eatatjerms;58326 wrote:
This is a little kind of off, but I was wondering it you can tattoo over backne. It so, when it heals would the artist have to go back over it. TIA

Not a good idea. You are inking already inflammed and damaged skin. When it heals, you will lose most of the ink in the infected areas.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms
Chief D;58357 wrote:
Not a good idea. You are inking already inflammed and damaged skin. When it heals, you will lose most of the ink in the infected areas.

The reason I ask is because on the top of my arm after I got the outline done it started to break out from what I’m thinking is from the aquaphor. It’s not like normal acne (IMO) it itches. Maybe it’s razor burn. He’s going to have to go over it soon because the money is right right now and I don’t feel comfortable putting down a huge deposit like that and waiting for who knows how long. I wouldn’t mind him going back and redoing it once it heals. It’s just in a couple spots.

My concern is that I don’t want it to get infected due to the tattoo. It’s gone over scars and been find..

Sorry if this isn’t quite making sense, I’m still waking up.

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids
Chief D;58355 wrote:
If the tattoo is still in the healing process, its probably just the aftercare. you rub greasy lotions into the skin and its common to get clogged pores. Aquaphor does that to me. Stop using whatever lotion it is, and just wash the more frequently. If its near an already healed tattoo, then its just normal acne, nothing to worry about.

That sounds like the problem. I’m using Lubriderm but I never had this problem before – what lotion do you recommend?

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

My friend had a reaction after his backpiece, he got a LOT of spots, but they went after a few weeks, dont worry too much 😀

AutosJunkie
Participant
@autosjunkie

I know a good lotion thats easy on the skin and fine for acne is cetaphil

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

it should have settled down by now . has it ??

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

Yep – it’s fading away now. I’m just frustrated because it’s delaying, I could’ve got my tattoo today!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.