travishalogod
Participant
@travishalogod

my girlfriend has been working on an armpiece for a while now and she doesnt seem to be taking the ink. the artist says some people just dont stick, but i know what your thinking, the artist must suck. but he doesnt, i have seen his work and have know him for a long time and he is fantastic.
so my question is

is it really possible for someone to reject ink?
or just not have it take to their skin?

thanks

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have never heard or known anyone its happened to but i suppose its possible.
although i think you could do with telling us what aftercare you are doing ??

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Complete ink rejection is millions to one against (but not impossible) and partial is also quite rare but not unheard of.

There are 3 main reasons for partial ink rejection;

Poor insertion of the pigment into the skin.

Poor aftercare incl picking at the scabs or placing in extreme sunlight.

The use of certain drugs used mainly for haemophillia.

We really could do with some pics and a breakdown of aftercare.

Take Care
Matthew

travishalogod
Participant
@travishalogod

thank you so much for the replies
aftercare is not the issue because the ink doesnt even go in. she does bleed a lot but she takes black perfectly. it doesnt make any sense to me either, but i have heard of the million to one odds of ink rejection.
im kind of lost at this point.

but to answer the question of aftercare, she keeps it out of the sunlight and puts a&e ointment on it every few hours or so.

when the artist tattoos me, the ink goes into the skin wonderfully and i have some beautiful tattoos. do you think it could be that it is on a fatty part of her arm?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

any chance of seeing a pic ?

i would seriously doubt its because its on the fatty part . my ink hurt more there but is the brightest part of my half sleeve .
so is she not on any meds at the moment ? is it a certain colour thats not taking ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.