x_takeitlikeaman
Participant
@x_takeitlikeaman

I have a question…

Who here has a chest piece and is it really as bad as everyone says?
I currently have a fairly large tattoo on my foot and it was pretttty painful. Oddly enough, I have a pretty high pain tolerance.

I really want another tattoo and think this one would be good since i need to “hide” mine until i get a real job and this is one i can hide (like my foot).

Thanks!

I thought I posted this earlier today but I can’t seem to find it…hm… excuse me if it wasnt deleted and I double posted 😡

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Lol, how “large” can a foot tattoo be?!

Anyways; chest tattoos do suck BUT they aren’t that bad. Mine was like a 5.5/10 over all… compared to my shin which was like a 8/10

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

I think she might mean it covers the top of her foot ?
My butterfly is more on my shoulder than chest (front) but it is on some of my collar bone and it didnt really hurt at all while getting it done just felt a bit freaky when over the bone .

have you a design for your chest ? i girl here just got one done on her chest as a birthday gift to herself see you if can find the post or a pic in albums and PM her 😉

x_takeitlikeaman
Participant
@x_takeitlikeaman
BIKERinBLACK77;57896 wrote:
Lol, how “large” can a foot tattoo be?!

There is a pic of it on the pic thread and on my little album thing on my profile. It covers most of the top of my foot. Its about 5-6 inches long and at the widest about 3 inches. The end of the feather hits on my ankle bone and that was the worst part.

Anywho, thanks for the pain scale. I do not have a design yet, I just started to reaaaaallly want it last night.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

ah that happens , i decided to get my recent butterfly tattoo one night and then a couple of weeks later i had it :rolleyes:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Butterfly_Kisses;57948 wrote:
ah that happens , i decided to get my recent butterfly tattoo one night and then a couple of weeks later i had it :rolleyes:

Took that long? I start planning my next ink soon as the current one’s finished.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

It’s not as bad as they say and it’s not gonna kill ya so grit your teeth and sit still! 😉

stewroids
Participant
@stewroids

I never got inked on my foot so I can’t compare the two.

I do on the other hand, have a full chest plate. The only place that really hurts is around the nipple, and where the sternum (where the two pecs meet up). My chest is heavily shaded, and is a COMPLETE plate. It was the most painful experience I had, so I would rate it 9/10.

There are some other pieces on the website where their “chest” piece is their upper chest – which was pretty much painless. As it gets closer to the mid-line, the more painful it is (in my opinion!).

x_takeitlikeaman
Participant
@x_takeitlikeaman

Yeah, I was thinking to place it right under my collar bones to right above my boobs.
Here is a pic of the placement i want, not the actual tattoo.

one%20life%20chance%20chest%20piece.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Personally I’m not a fan of chest pieces like that, but I’d think that would be almost one of the most difficult place to hide a tattoo for a woman, considering fashion dictates at the very least low necklines and V necks, and preferably something that’s open down to the navel. Why choose that place ‘to hide it’ when for instance your entire torso, ribs and back are more easily hidden?

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

^ I agree. If you go up that high, it would be very difficult to hide- Unless you’re wearing turtlenecks all the time. That’d peek over the top of your shirt even if you wore a regular tee-shirt or button-down. I think it looks good, just not easily concealable.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

if you really wanted to get the tattoo and seriously thought about having to hide it sometimes then i would go ahead with it.
i have actually started seeing more and more tattoo virgins starting off with a chest pieces :rolleyes:
especially vegans for some reason.
it would be a very out dated view to think that in your own time you couldnt dress in what ever you like just because of a tattoo .
the main thing is wether you can have one there on show while at work .

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Like the Butterfly said, why worry about hiding it if you’re not at work? If you’re not proud enough of your ink to show it on your own time, you probably shouldn’t have it to begin with. Besides, in most professional settings, showing cleavage is unprofessional, so it’s not like it’d effect you much there either.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

x_takeitlikeaman
Participant
@x_takeitlikeaman

I agree. When I am not at work, I could care less who sees my tattoo/piercings.
The jobs I have had had uniforms that were polo shirts anyway so I could have hid it if need be AT WORK. haha

Once I get money, I do believe it will be on my chest 🙂

I will let yall know. Thanks for all the input.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Everyone is different, but my chest was probably the most painful place I’ve had. It is a toss up between the chest and ribs. Not unbearable by any means. So go for it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.