RaiseYourVoice
Participant
@raiseyourvoice

Can anyone find me a reliable place to get (preferably free) English to Sanskrit translations. I am wanting to get a Sanskrit tattoo.

The works I would like translated:
Happy
Love
Evan
Maddox
Storm
Good Luck
Luck
Dream

Thanks to anyone whom can help!

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i think theres only like 15,000 people who speak it in the world lol – and theyre all in india :p not sure youll have much luck here – its a very rare lingo to pick :O

Stu
Participant
@stu

A election of words/ phrases I have but not all the words you do – be careful with the translations though as they can have more than 1 way of spelling it i.e love! But I would always try to get it checked before anyway :p

Forgive, Never Forget = क्षमस्व, मा कदापि विस्मर
strength from faith = बलं श्रद्धया
Faith = श्रद्धा
Friendship = मैत्री
Love = प्रेम
Passion = तीव्रासक्ति
Desire = इच्छा
Power = बल
Sattva – Goodness = सत्त्व
Rajas- Passion = रजस्*
Tamas- Ignorance = तमस्*
Strength = बल
love = प्रेम
love = अनुरज
FAITH = श्रद्धा
PATIENCE = सहनशीलता
MIRACLE = चमत्कार
strength = बल
courage = धैर्य
serenity = प्रसाद
Justice = न्याय
Spirit = आत्मा
Loyalty = निष्ठा
Peace = शांति
Zen = झेन
Buddha = बुद्ध
Soul = आत्मा
understand = निबोध
intuition = अंतःप्रेरणा
truth = सत्य
lucky = भाग्यवती
Peace = शांति
Love = प्रेम
Gratitude = कृतज्ञता
strength = बल
courage = धैर्य
wisdom = प्रज्ञा
FRIENDSHIP = मैत्री
Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional = पीडास्त्यपरिहार्या दुःखं तु वैकल्पिकमस्ति

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i can help you if you pm tomorrow when i have more time .

RaiseYourVoice
Participant
@raiseyourvoice

Thanks for all of the replies and I will definitely PM you! I’m familiar with Sanskrit enough to know what it is, but not enough to read/speak it. All of my friends whom are Indian’s have moved away! 🙁 Thanks again!

Stu
Participant
@stu
RaiseYourVoice;57733 wrote:
I’m familiar with Sanskrit enough to know what it is, but not enough to read/speak it.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious and possibly preventing you looking a tit with mis-spelt/ wrongly worded tattoo :rolleyes:

RaiseYourVoice
Participant
@raiseyourvoice

No worries! 🙂 I’m hoping to get a translation, then correspond with a friend to see if its accurate. Hopefully I get some luck! Worth a try, right? 🙂

dine
Participant
@dine
RaiseYourVoice;57740 wrote:
I’m hoping to get a translation, then correspond with a friend to see if its accurate.

Why don’t you just ask your friend??????? If he knows it’s right, he knows!:confused:

Nobita
Participant
@nobita

[lang=vi]Xin chào. Tôi vừa mới tham gia diễn đàn. Mong các anh chị giúp tôi dịch câu ” Lòng mẹ là vực sâu mà dưới đáy luôn có sự khoan dung” sang tiếng Phạn. Tôi muốn xăm câu này nhưng hiện tại không biết ở đâu có thẻ dịch được.
Xin cảm ơn.[/lang]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.