katdiablo
Participant
@katdiablo

I’m fixing to get some tattoos with *large* amounts of red ink… I have lots of regular allergies (food, tree, grass, pollen, animals, etc) and so am a little worried about the red ink since people have issues with that color if nothing else..

Now– I do have small dots of red ink in a flower on my wrist (little taps of color) and never had a problem with those.. for any who know anything about red ink allergies, can you tell me if you think the small dots would have satisfied as an “skin test” and I can proceed safely??

Thanks !!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I have heard the same. I have a pretty good amount of red on my arm, and it healed just like the other colors. It must just depend upon the person

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

im lucky i have never had any problems with red ink but i know many people who have .
one of the problems is that even though you have some red in already and never had any problems with it you could the second time around because every brand of tattoo ink could have different ingredients in which could cause a flair up.
you could always mention this to your tattooist and they could do a little test area somewhere and if you have no problems stock that ink in for you :rolleyes:

i did have problems with some hot ink in my half sleeve but it actually turned out to be the bepanthen being too greasy for my skin and giving me irritation.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i agree with butterfly totally..

but to be honnest with you, most of the scare issues with red ink is from the cheap shit people buy from ebay etc…. most professional studio’s wont use cheap stuff as their reputation is on the line with each piece they do.

katdiablo
Participant
@katdiablo

The guy that does my work is super particular about his stuff– I have no doubt if it’s a matter of cheap stuff or bad environment– I don’t need to worry at all…

They use his shop to train the new health inspectors..

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Check out the blog what is tattoo ink and it will tell you the main ones to avoid in red ink which are noticable as usually some no-name far eastern or indian made inks that still use them.

Unless you have other health issues most synthetic pigments should be fine.

Take Care
Matthew

hannahbelle
Participant
@hannahbelle

if you already have some red that healed with out a problem, i’d say its pretty safe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.