yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

Well since I am now, or so it seems, a full fledged ink addict. The time has come for me to be a bit more active at this particular forum. If you do not remember me from my few posts I am the guy with the evolution of sasquatch armband, radio active monkey, and coelocanth tats. All of which are in my album I believe. I have decided that my next tattoo is going to be much more detailed then the others. It will either be a quarter sleeve on my right arm or a sock on my left leg. The leg one being the kokopelli tattoo I have talked about and showed crummy rough sketches of. The sleeve is going to be a blueish green maybe some purple thrown in there liquid background with a bunch of cross sectioned micro-organisms. The idea for that one started out as me wanting to get an amoeba tattoo for a long time now and it hit me one day that I should just got a microscope style tattoo complete with amoebas and all sorts of protozoa.

Anyways I’ll be posting updates on them regularly but it seems that I get tattoo in three month rotations so the next probably will not be until somewhere around march but I really want get it sooner so we’ll see what happens. Any words of advice for long ink sessions? So far my longest one was a little over an hour.

strick9
Participant
@strick9

Settle in and get comffey,turn off the cell phone,the artist needs to concentrate,no drinking before hand:cool:

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

well congrats on making your presence here more permenant, its always nice to have regular members joining in..

sounds like your going to be covered in ink one day, and the idea of a full blown microscope and all the trimmings would have been interesting..

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

I’m thinking so. Everything but my neck face and forearms is fair game. I might end up a highschool biology teacher one day and my blood happens to be far to thick no mater what climate I am living in to wear long sleeve shirts every work day. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I’m thinkin I’ll have to bring in a dvd to zone out with since he has a little tv and dvd player in the corner of his work room. Seven Samurai and There Will Be Blood. Two epic movies should cover it.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Just a word of warning, the longer you go, the more it hurts. That’s what I’ve found out with shading anyway, that shader is a f***in b*tch after the 3 hour mark. I can handle outlining a lot better.
Haha you’re spoilt with the tv, my artist just has the radio going, luckily there’s always quite a few good looking girls coming into the shop 😉

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

That is one awesome idea, looking forward to the “in progress” reports! The armband made me laugh out loud rather literally.

Joker1;57030 wrote:
Just a word of warning, the longer you go, the more it hurts. That’s what I’ve found out with shading anyway, that shader is a f***in b*tch after the 3 hour mark. I can handle outlining a lot better.

At least that makes me feel less mad, I read beforehand that the OUTLINES were bad… but I agree with you, I found the shading much less pleasant.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Sounds interesting.

For longer sessions, just bring a bottle of Mt. Dew or something like Gatorade and something easy to snack on like a candy bar or some gum…. I always do that and make sure I have some good music or a magazine to watch.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
Asenath83;57060 wrote:
At least that makes me feel less mad, I read beforehand that the OUTLINES were bad… but I agree with you, I found the shading much less pleasant.

The liner feels like a different sort of pain, like a scratch or something. I could sit and get my whole arm outlined no worries.
The shader feels like a sting though, in the first couple hours when you get hit with the shader, there’s a sting when it first touches your skin, then it’s a lot more bearable while you get coloured.
After the few hours mark though, that sting sticks around for as long as the shader is in your skin, if that makes sense!

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist
Asenath83;57060 wrote:
That is one awesome idea, looking forward to the “in progress” reports! The armband made me laugh out loud rather literally.

Thanks!

Yeah I am kinda spoilt with the television but we keep it on mute and have some background music. Will probably either watch seven samurai/there will be blood with les claypool playing in the background or go with a claypool dvd. I’ll be sure and get some arnold palmers to drink and some rice crispy treats. Fuck yeah. Make some home made ones with captain crunch in it as well. Brings me back to my stoner days.

Well I think I gots it pretty much figured out guys, Thanks for all the posotive feedback!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.