SimonP
Participant
@simonp

Hi,

Well basically im in a dilemma with the tattoo i want to get. I have grown up in many different countrys and moved from place to place growning up. Originally bourn in england, i have spent the last 3 years in australia, i have met my long term partner there and that is were my best friends are from. however when living in england iv grown up in the north all my life. And this brings me to my problem, as i want to spend the rest of my life in aus, i have been properly considering getting the southern cross tattoo’d full lenght across my chest and abdomain. im really excited about getting it done and have been looking forward to it for quite awile. However i still want to stay true to my northen roots and get a nordic star tattoo’d mayb on my pek. which brings me to my question… could i get the southern cross tattoo, in the correct allignment, and the correct 5 stars.. but replace the 4 7 spike stars and the 1 5 spike star all with nordic stars… so im still representing my roots and my home… or is this just ridiculose?[/SIZE]

All Help is wanted, Cheers… Simon

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1- Introduce yourself to us before you just start shooting out questions… WHY? Because it’s just something nice we do here and it gives us a chance to get to know you.

2- Do you have any reference pictures? I’m not excatly following what you’re saying

SimonP
Participant
@simonp

Sorry, well you pretty much know my life story now…

Well this is pretty much the lines of the southern cross tat of the souther cross iv considerd

0,,6455711,00.jpg

and this is one type of a nordic star iv considerd
nautical_star_2_color.jpg

cheers

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

So the “Southern Cross” is a consolitation of stars? Depicted by having four 7-point stars and one 5-point star …correct?

And you want to alter it, to include a nautical star?

Just reasking to make sure I’m clear, lol. I’ve never heard of or saw a Southern Cross untill your post.

From the looks of it, I don’t think you should change out the design to include the nautical stars IF the Southern Cross is supposed to be four 7-point stars and one 5-point star. That’s just my opinion. You’re the one with the final call.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Hmm, seems everyone is Aus has the southern cross, my mate got one done when he was 18, he’s now 20 and already has plans to get it covered up, now that every aussie and his dog have it.
I don’t see a problem with having nautical stars instead, the stars don’t HAVE to have that many points.
Yeah, it’s a constellation Biker, it’s like the American flag is to Americans over here :rolleyes:

SimonP
Participant
@simonp

yeah exsactly, but my dilemma isnt about changing the design, i think thats the apeal to me even morekeeping the because it’ll be so unique. my problem is the southern cross represents the south, and i will be kepping the consolitation of stars them self, but changing the actual stars to a nordic star… which represents the north… im not really sure if im being unbelivibally hypercritical, and mayb insulting many of people…

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Go for it.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
SimonP;56534 wrote:
yeah exsactly, but my dilemma isnt about changing the design, i think thats the apeal to me even morekeeping the because it’ll be so unique. my problem is the southern cross represents the south, and i will be kepping the consolitation of stars them self, but changing the actual stars to a nordic star… which represents the north… im not really sure if im being unbelivibally hypercritical, and mayb insulting many of people…

A guy I know has the Southern Cross in nautical stars, he gets ripped on a fair bit because it’s a bit different to the norm. Whatever makes you happy though, don’t let others opinions worry you too much ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Although the constellation is made up of certain stars in certain sizes and of certain designs for a reason, I guess a constellation is still a constellation if the star designs have been changed.

But I worry about the hypocrisy as you yourself pointed out. You want to honor the south by getting a southern cross, but at the same time you don’t want to honor it TOO much, because you want to change out the design and do something different that is not… really… the southern cross.

Then again, always keep in mind that this is your body, your tattoos and your decisions. Others’ opinions be damned! ๐Ÿ™‚

Yavanna
Participant
@yavanna

As a kiwi downunder I vote on going for the origional,
It seems a bit weird to want to change the stars… exaple, the NZ flag has 4, 5 point stars, so is closer to what you are wanting to get.. but it seems to me that you would be diluting the meaning by changing the type of stars you have.
Hope that makes sense?

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

hmmm not a great deal you can change with a southern cross/sickle design, you could have all of the stars black and red, like in the pic, and smaller not all over your body, thatd be cool, chestpiece or something

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.