purplestar
Participant
@purplestar

PurpleStar here, I haven’t been on the forum for a while, but the time has come for my next tattoo. I’m going for a full half sleeve, in tradtional Japanese, consultation booked for first week of January. I want a phoenix, bright colours, but wonder if anyone out ther can suggest any good books for images and ideas. I going to go in the library next week to see what I can pick off the shelves. Any suggestions any one. I live London to getting hold a book from some of the larger book stores shouldn’t be too difficult.
Any suggestions.
Yes I have searched images on the net and seen several sleeves, but i’m not looking to print one and say to my tattoist “I want that”.
Inspirational images, brigh colours, is what I’m after.
The guy I’m going to speicailses in Japanese, so I will be allowing artistic license, but it would be nice to go in with some pictures.
Thanks in advance

PurpleStar

vala
Participant
@vala

personally i’d say just pop into a book store and look around. doesn’t specifically need to be a tattoo book or even art for that matter. you can find inspiration anywhere.
btw can I ask who the tattooist is?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Yeah going to the library and looking up some Japanese art books, such as a history book or a view-book would be a big help.

purplestar
Participant
@purplestar

Thanks Guys

I’m off to renew my membership. I’ll let you know how I get on.

PurpleStar

midjam
Participant
@midjam

magazines are always a good place to find tattoo designs.

purplestar
Participant
@purplestar

A trip to Waterstones proved frutless. Not much in the way of Japenese art. When I expalined what I wanted the book for, the girl very kindly pointed to shelf below about tattoos,, along side books on Banksy and street art. I can pick up a leasst 3 differnt tat mags from my local Smiths. Womams Weekly and Company aren’t really inspirational.

Back to work tomorrow, so a trip to the library it is then. Or a visit to the Japanese restraurant.

thanks once again.

Purplestar.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.