gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I went to a few shops this week, and was able to meet with some artists, and ended up making an appointment. It’s not until the end of January, but I’m still super excited.

The artist I ended up going with said the piece I’m interested in will probably take about 7 hours, so it will be broken into a few sittings. This is my first tattoo, and I understand it’s appropriate to tip, which brings me to my questions: what percentage do you tip your artist? and do you tip after each sitting, or do you tip once the piece is finished?

I’m sure this seems like a silly question, but I want to be sure to follow proper tattoo etiquette.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I never tip. My artist is the owner of the shop. I figure I pay him a fair price

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Tip after each session. $10 will be fine.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Tipping’s something that’s been discussed on here before. Some people don’t do it, others do it when they feel like it, and some do it after every piece is finished. You don’t HAVE to do it, but I’m sure the artist wouldn’t mind if you did or didn’t.
I tip sometimes, or bring in a 6-pack of alcohol or something like that to show my appreciation. I don’t do it everytime, because I visit him once a month and don’t want to send myself broke 🙂

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Crap…. I must have it really good after reading all of ya’lls replies (altho not many)

My artist turned in to a really good friend of mine and altho I literally HATE when she cuts me breaks, I take her out to lunch (we call it a bitch fest) and normally shove $50 to $100 down her shirt when I leave (when she UNDER charges me) simply because I realize she has to make a living and I love her to death! And b/c I HATE the guy that owns the shop.

But as for your situation…. $10 or $20 should be fine.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Thanks for all the helpful responses.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.