Potsnu
Participant
@potsnu

Hey all, as we all know taking care of a new tattoo is really important in preventing infection and also protecting your new investment. I was wondering if there is an interest in the tattoo community for clothing that is anti-bacterial, breathable, and also UV protected. This would help reduce irritability from the new wound, along with speeding up the healing process and protecting drying out of the skin. Of course this clothing would also be stylish and edgy.

I’m interested to hear your thoughts.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

possibly, is there already a market for this, if not then you could be onto something, is it something your company has made, do you have any pics?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Interesting concept.
Bout it sounds pricey.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Would the clothing be anti UV rays too for people who live in warmer climates?

I have friends in Australia who have been sun burnt through their t-shirts

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I’ve had good success with this stuff they call “cotton”. Nice soft T-shirt to sleep in for 2 nights, and I’m good. I try to get my ink done in the winter so I don’t have to worry about healing in the hot weather.

Potsnu
Participant
@potsnu
Benjaminho;56258 wrote:
possibly, is there already a market for this, if not then you could be onto something, is it something your company has made, do you have any pics?

I’m working as an intern for a fashion designer, who specializes in the use of bamboo fabric. It’s extremely eco-friendly to make and we wanted to see if there’s a market for the tattoo community since the benefits from the fabric is also beneficial for the post care of new tattoos.

The plan is to see if there is enough demand so that we can partner up with local tattoo parlors.

Here take a look at his past collection, it ranges from edgy designs to plain long sleeves and v-necks

https://shop.juzd.com/

Aussie_Al;56263 wrote:
Would the clothing be anti UV rays too for people who live in warmer climates?

I have friends in Australia who have been sun burnt through their t-shirts

Yes it’s UV protection would work just as well in Australia. The fabric is breathable and its temperature regulated so you will keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The fabric itself will always feel cool to the touch and is similar to silky cashmere.

ontwo;56271 wrote:
I’ve had good success with this stuff they call “cotton”. Nice soft T-shirt to sleep in for 2 nights, and I’m good. I try to get my ink done in the winter so I don’t have to worry about healing in the hot weather.

Well it’s t-shirts you would wear for normal occasions as well, it just so happens to have properties inherent to the fabric that is also friendly and catered to people who get tattoos.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Those shirts are expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek:

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I dont think there would be, if people were that concerned they would probably use an anti bacterial bandage of some sort as theyre alot cheaper plus its only clothing that they would ‘need’ for a couple of weeks. x

Potsnu
Participant
@potsnu
miss_ivy;56291 wrote:
I dont think there would be, if people were that concerned they would probably use an anti bacterial bandage of some sort as theyre alot cheaper plus its only clothing that they would ‘need’ for a couple of weeks. x

It would also be clothing you can wear on a regular basis as well.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
BIKERinBLACK77;56290 wrote:
Those shirts are expensiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:eek:

DITTO! I’m already broke.

I do the whole cover the shit up and keep it hydrated method!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Whoa, sorry dude, that price has got to drop a lot before I’d consider one of those.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

yeah those are really expensive, just depends on if the price can be lowered, if so thered be a market

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

ps – because they could do more than just a job for tattoos, but also for burn victims and people with tender scars, i love the idea but its very expensive. If you can make them cheaper, you will sell them

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Quote:
I’ve had good success with this stuff they call “cotton”. Nice soft T-shirt to sleep in for 2 nights, and I’m good.

Haha – thats so weird ..so have I! :D:p

Potsnu
Participant
@potsnu
Benjaminho;56393 wrote:
yeah those are really expensive, just depends on if the price can be lowered, if so thered be a market

Yea I can see where you’re coming from. At the moment there is different designs at various price points. For instance if you wanted a functional crewneck with no design, they are priced at around $45 CDN. Would this be a suitable price point for the tattoo community to consider?

basic-LSV-grey-male-front_5.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.