Zoster
Participant
@zoster

Hi!

i’m planning on getting my first tattoo soon. i want to get these silhouettes of people as a band on my forearm (about 2cm high, in the widest part of my forearm)

oamenii.jpg w800.png

i have a few questions i want to ask fisrt:

1. will it stretch?
2. how much will ink fade in time?
3. should i avoid putting ink on the mole that’s visible in the picture?
4. i want some deep black and clean contours like in this picture: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/science-tattoo-emporium/?nggpage=2&pid=223
unlike this one: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/loom/science-tattoo-emporium/?nggpage=10&pid=33
Are there different tools/inks that i should look for in order to get a neat tattoo?

I’m 25 years old, this is my forearm now:
img8638.th.jpg

thanks for the support!

(if anyone gives a crap about the meaning, they are drawn by a very special person to me, which is the teacher that prepared me for architecture university. its both a tribute, it is something that represents me because i’m sort-of known for following this guys footsteps, plus i think it would look cool obviously)

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

when i got mine they drew on the moles so they didnt tattoo them, i think just go to your artist and he’ll make it to fit your needs, dont worry about fading, theyre full black sillhouettes – ink SPREADS in time, thats why it fades, but it should still look fine with black pieces

PS: sounds like a cool guy to follow in, teacher who likes rock bands – pretty rad

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

itll only stretch if you gain weight, or grow length in your arm lolololol – still again, theyre a black piece so itll probly still look cool

Zoster
Participant
@zoster
Benjaminho;55788 wrote:
when i got mine they drew on the moles so they didnt tattoo them, i think just go to your artist and he’ll make it to fit your needs, dont worry about fading, theyre full black sillhouettes – ink SPREADS in time, thats why it fades, but it should still look fine with black pieces

PS: sounds like a cool guy to follow in, teacher who likes rock bands – pretty rad

thanks for the answer!

i don’t really know where you got that he likes rock bands… 🙂 .. he listens to 50s american music and such, the kind that is played here

what about technology, are there different ink types / tattoo gun models..?

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

well then lets just pretend its cool then, and pretend its a big ROCK band :p – and as far as i know black is black, but im not a pro – some other guys who are artists or know more maybe able to tell you more

Zoster
Participant
@zoster
Benjaminho;55789 wrote:
itll only stretch if you gain weight, or grow length in your arm lolololol – still again, theyre a black piece so itll probly still look cool

well my father was a skinny bastard when he was young, and he is a fat midget now, but his forearms are still tight as hell. he gained weight on his belly and head mostly, so i guess i should be fine

Zoster
Participant
@zoster
Benjaminho;55792 wrote:
well then lets just pretend its cool then, and pretend its a big ROCK band :p – and as far as i know black is black, but im not a pro – some other guys who are artists or know more maybe able to tell you more

this silhouettes were used in architectural facade drawings to get a scale impression of the building

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I like the idea. Don’t worry about inks and guns. Let the pros take care of that. Research your local artists and pick one you feel comfortable with.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Like ontwo says dont worry about inks and stuff just check out their profiles and make sure you see some of their previous work or even go to a tattooist someone can recommond you too.

I like the design too nice and unique! x

dine
Participant
@dine

Surely 2 centimetres high [did I read that right?] is way too small to give any clarity to that mount of detail?

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i was thinking that too

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

With that amt of detail so close together you would be better doing it bigger at least 3-4cm to stop the loss of detail.

Tattoos generally start to fade after 10+ years but can easily be reshaded. It can be less iff you have it exposed to sunlight a lot.

Most tattooists will not tattoo over a mole as damage to them can cause it to become malignant in the worst cases. Whilst it is possible to tattoo over them my advice is speak with a dermatologist prior and possibly seek removal (it is usually quite painless and heals within a couple of weeks).

If you are interested take a look at my blog or click on my sig and check what is tattoo ink – there is a list of the no-no’s to avoid but reputable artists would not use them anyway.

Take Care
Matthew

Zoster
Participant
@zoster

thanks for the new replies! the mole can be easily avoided, so i’ll go on the safe side

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.