suicidal
Participant
@suicidal

I got a tattoo two weeks ago on my calf it was my first color tattoo. it is black and red. I think i am having an allergic reaction to the ink…the tattoo itself seems to be healing fine, but my ankle/foot is swollen. It doesn’t hurt at all…has this ever happened to anyone? does anyone have any suggestions?

this is the tattoo (shitty cell phone pic):

reaper.jpg

And a picture of my legs, you can see how swollen my left leg is:

legs.jpg

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I can’t really tell how swollen it is, but it’s pretty normal for a tattoo to swell when you get it.
2 weeks after seems too long though, it can’t hurt to visit the doc.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Ive never heard of an allergic reaction to ink but I would have thought it would have happened straight away..is there anyway you might have injured yourself doing a sport something or maybe even been bitten or stung by a bug??
x

suicidal
Participant
@suicidal
miss_ivy;55673 wrote:
Ive never heard of an allergic reaction to ink but I would have thought it would have happened straight away..is there anyway you might have injured yourself doing a sport something or maybe even been bitten or stung by a bug??
x

no, i haven’t injured myself, if i had, then I would be in pain…same for a bug bite, i would imagine it would itch/hurt. i don’t feel any discomfort…its just swollen. i’m baffled. :confused:

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Hmm could be some kind of fluid retention I guess or something, might be worth googling it or popping long to your GP and asking them if they have any clue. Although your not in pain so thats a plus! x

suicidal
Participant
@suicidal

i actually had a thought, i think the reaction may be caused by the lotion i’m using (curel fragrance free). I stopped using it today, and it hasn’t seemed to be so swollen. i’m going to give it a day or two without the lotion, and going to call my tattoo artist in a bit and see what he reccomends.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Oh yeh I guess it could be, especially if its going down now youve stopped using it. Hope its better soon x

suicidal
Participant
@suicidal

me too…i’m ready to get more work done! but I don’t want to get anymore done while its still swollen.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

Dont google it :p that thing gives you nothing but misconceptions, go see your doctor lol

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

if it was a reaction to the pigments then it would be verry sore al over the inked area, redness and swelling could be caused by cellulitis… this is where the artist might have gone slightly too deep and caused deep tissue trauma, this can normally occur if the tattoo is over an ols scar from an accident.

normally though to bee honnest it can be your aftercare treatment, and remember that you should always wash your hands before touching the area, this even applies when washing it.

just dont put anything on it for a couple or so days and let us know how it is ๐Ÿ˜‰

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My arm is massively swollen at the moment after yesterdays session, I took some pictures to compare

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

tried to get your album up but theres a message saying invalid link, this is me notifying the moderator XD

suicidal
Participant
@suicidal
Outlaw;55881 wrote:
if it was a reaction to the pigments then it would be verry sore al over the inked area, redness and swelling could be caused by cellulitis… this is where the artist might have gone slightly too deep and caused deep tissue trauma, this can normally occur if the tattoo is over an ols scar from an accident.

normally though to bee honnest it can be your aftercare treatment, and remember that you should always wash your hands before touching the area, this even applies when washing it.

just dont put anything on it for a couple or so days and let us know how it is ๐Ÿ˜‰

its been three weeks since the tattoo, and the soreness is just now going away. I discontinued the lotion for a couple days, and it didn’t help. the swelling seems to be going down in the past couple days. the black portions of it are pretty much healed…the red is still flaky and looks like it wants to peel again. I started applying lotion again since i ruled that out as being the cause of my reaction. I wash my hands every time i apply lotion and i try and wash it twice a day.

thanks for all the replys guys. ๐Ÿ™‚

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

you can wash em too much, why dont you go to your doctor again or your artist

suicidal
Participant
@suicidal

i will as soon as i find the time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.