sez_mac
Participant
@sez_mac

I got my first tattoo along the back of my ribs and straight after I felt nauseous.

2 days later, I still feel nauseous. Is this normal?
The tattoo was a done during a home visit by a proper tattoo artist and everything was sterilised before hand.

The tattoo itself feels fine, there’s no weeping or blood or anything like that.
Its still slightly raised.

Has anyone else had this before? Or could I just be sick?

Thank you 🙂

Sarah

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1-You really should introduce yourself to the forums in the “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”section before you start posting. It’s just something nice we do here.

2-Well directly afterwards is normal, especially in sensitive areas because getting tattooed does take a lot out of you. But 2 days afterwards, seems like you’re just sick to me.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Cant say Ive ever heard of it that long after, sometimes during or straight after its done though. x

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

ive never heard of that but hey… maybe your the first! if your bad tomorrow still see your doc.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

The ribs is definitely a painful spot!

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

one of the worst

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

You get your ribs done for your first tattoo – that’s pretty bad ass!

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

It depends a lot on your state during the tattoo. If you were extremely nervous and tence, than yeah, you can become a bit sick afterwards. If you’ve been flexing every muscle in your body the whole time, and holding your breath on and off(most people do that when nervous – without being aware of it. That’s why some people pass out etc.), maybe you bled a lot during, etc etc etc. And say if you’ve got a bad immune system, it will take a lot of energy for your body to heal the tattoo, and your entire body after the experience. But, if you did non of those things at all, than go see a doctor. You could be just normally sick.

And of course… Getting your first tattoo can be quite a rush. Adrenaline, endorphines, etc. You litterally get high. And as with most kinds of high; You fall back down 😛

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Quote:
And of course… Getting your first tattoo can be quite a rush. Adrenaline, endorphines,

Sooooo true most people can’t stop at just one

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Nausea after a tattoo is a symptom that can affect some ppl and should clear within 24-48 hours as your body adjusts (getting a tattoo puts a massive strain on your reserves and immune system).

It is a form of shock that can cause the sickness.

However if you still feel nausea or dizziness after this point you need to see a dr asap.

Take Care
Matthew

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming
BIKERinBLACK77;55497 wrote:
1-You really should introduce yourself to the forums in the “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”section before you start posting. It’s just something nice we do here.

Sorry to go OT here but, Biker, not every single new member is going to take the time to post a quick intro about themselves just so they can post somewhere else. Most newbies are looking for a specific answer and they want it ASAP without having to search or introduce themselves. Yeah it sucks sometimes but it’s more or less like that in every single discussion board on the web.

I know you mean well but telling every new guy what to do can intimidate them into not posting again and that’s not a nice feeling. 😮

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

How about an update? Did your nausea persist?

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

silence… cant be good :X

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

uh oh!!! :eek::eek:

lwayne
Participant
@lwayne

Hey, I got INSANELY sick after my tattoo last night and I’ve been tatted before. Not sure what the cause of it was either.. I had to pull over and vomit about 6 times before I wanted to drive anymore.

SO, i’m just as lost as you are when it comes to being nauseous after getting tatted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.