Lip_VeNom
Participant
@lip_venom

For about half my life now Ive wanted large wings on my back, or more recently a dragon for my love of asian culture. I’ve been thinking about it though and even though I want it as my first tattoo, that maybe I should do something smaller. I mean id go through with the large tattoo no matter the pain. Would I have a better experiance if I got a smaller tattoo on my arm, for my first time?

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I had wanted big wings for a long time but then realised how common they were and it kinda put me off.

Some people think its best to go for a smaller tattoo first..I did but that was the design I wanted anyway so it worked out well.

What would you go for as the smaller tattoo? x

Lip_VeNom
Participant
@lip_venom

well I really like color and love asian culture I was thinking like a blue or purple lotus flower on my upper arm

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i think small tatt’s look bad on guys, just a preference, girls are fine, but with guys its usually go big or go home, you normally regret smaller ones/cover them up at a later date, the pain isnt too bad and is very barable + dont think that the tattooist is gonna think “oh god its his/her first one and he/she is going so big ffs” cause they dont :p

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The way to think of it is that if you have a large backpiece each session is like getting a new tattoo done as you will rarely walk out of the shop with a huge back tat in one sitting.

Mine has taken me around 23 hours so far and I have another 9-10 hours to go.

They do hurt but you get psyched up for it fairly quickly.

Nothing wrong with a smaller tattoo just have to make sure it is a design you really want over just trying it out for the exp.

Take Care
Matthew

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Tattoos hurt, plain and simple.
It all depends on your pain tolerance, so if you don’t think you’ll be able to handle a long session then get a small meaningful one.

Like previously stated above, wings are verrrrrry common and a lota people are turned off by that so they go with another piece.

Lip_VeNom
Participant
@lip_venom

hmmm really I could care less if other people get them. Ive just wanted them for as long as I can remember. I was thinking of the small tattoo on my arm because, I am NOT a sucker for pain. and after getting that small one that id really like, then fill up around that tattoo, kind of like having a collection of colorful art on my arm you know? Having an inked needle puncture my skin a bunch of times dosnt really phaze me. Thanks 4 all the advice on my first though haha ^-^ oh and I am a chick so it wouldnt be that big of a deal if I got a small one first??

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Its good that you dont care if other people have them, but personally I would hate to see a stranger walking down the street with the exact same tattoo as me and with common tats like wings it will happen…just my opinion.

If the thought of the needle doesnt bother go for the big one first as shouldnt be a problem. x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.