zimmer
Participant
@zimmer

I have started on a tattoo i wanted for years. The artist has done it way to black !! not shaded it well and its been rushed. Im getting depressed about this.

I have taken it to another artist this morning and he said ‘ oh S*&T’ !! He said he can shade it much better and we decided on negative waves around the wrist crashing into the tat. He said it will take 2 hours to fix. Honestly do you think it will look good?

g=ssssskb.jpg[/IMG]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6289/dddddgt.jpg

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5123/ssssskb.jpg

Does it look too black? what colours will make it better. HELP before you read about me shooting myself in the head !! Joke.

But please be nice !

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

I’m guessing its totally healed? I think it could use some bright colors to contrast the dark black. 🙂

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Personally, I like it. But, if you think the black is too dark there is a cream I used and it made my purple lighter. I kinda figured this out on accident, but it really lightened the purple. Muprirocin 2%. I’m pretty sure you will need a prescription for it. I’m not a pro or a doctor, but I used this cream during the healing process and my tat was lightened a WHOLE lot. As far as colors, I always like blues and greens.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First of all it is not that bad – yes it is very heavy shading but with some white highlighting along the edges and fine outlining at the edges of the tattoo it will look a whole lot better.

I keep saying it but ppl really need to check a portfolio before you let anybody near your skin.

It can be fixed but avoid creams like wrecking balm et al it will just mess your skin up and frankly can make the tattoo look patchy and worse.

Take care
Matthew

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
Sherav;54986 wrote:
Hi

First of all it is not that bad – yes it is very heavy shading but with some white highlighting along the edges and fine outlining at the edges of the tattoo it will look a whole lot better.

I keep saying it but ppl really need to check a portfolio before you let anybody near your skin.

It can be fixed but avoid creams like wrecking balm et al it will just mess your skin up and frankly can make the tattoo look patchy and worse.

Take care
Matthew

Exactly! Alot of people I work with said “why are you driving 1 1/2 hours to get ink done, when you can go to a town which is only 30 minutes away?” Alot of people get ink done there, but alot of it is just par work. I seen my artist portfolio and really liked his style and work., rest is history.

zimmer
Participant
@zimmer

Hey people thanks for the really fast response,

The tat is a week old today.

I was recommended this artist from a guy i work with. Even the second artist i taken it to today said he isnt normally like that bad !! (trust me to pick a day he was smoking cRaCk)

The artist and I discussed to outline the swirl and to give it some definition. Shade the black with some gradual gradient to blend it.
The stars are going to be bright orange and green (my helmet colours i use when i race.)

I do want blue clouds further up my arm and the guy that is going to be doing this said its ok to do. I pray that this will work out for me or i will be selling my arm on ebay. Im booked into to see the artist on January:rolleyes: 25th. But he said he will call if he is free sooner…

You all have cheered me up. I was just asleep on my carpet next to the fire feeling sorry for myself. WHAT A DOUCHE !

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I wouldn’t say it’s tooooooo black, but yeah it’s pretty dark.
Like Sherav said, white highlighting would do it wonders.

Post a pic and let us see what you get done in January!

zimmer
Participant
@zimmer

Exactly what parts should i get highlighted and in what colour as i thought white fades pretty quick:confused:

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

looks alright to me :rolleyes:

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

im no pro, but i think it looks fine, if you think its too dark then go ahead and get some white shading inside it, they usually get lighter with time anyways as the ink spreads i think

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The white should be along the curve of the waves just to offset the black.
Again it is small stuff the actual design is fine and as already stated they do lighten with age.

Take Care
matthew

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I agree with the others. It is not so bad. It will lighten over time, but add some color to contrast it and you should be much happier

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.