eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

I’m going in on the 18th for the 1st session of my space sleeve. I’m getting a few planets, comets, stars, etc. It’s gonna be a full sleeve eventually. Unfortunately, I’m probably only going to be able to afford the first hour to hour and a half to begin with.

My question is how much do you think the artist will be able to accomplish in that short amount of time. It will be after Christmas before I can go back. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Gingerkid000
Participant
@gingerkid000

I guess it would depend on the artist… but if i were you i would wait until i could get a decent chunk done before going in there. giving the artist more time to work and that way they won’t have to stop right as soon as he/she gets rolling. But that’s just me. 😀

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

If you want my personal advice save up enough to do 3 hour sessions as it will take around 3-4 hours to outline a half sleeve by a decent paced artist.

You can do it by the hour but psychologically I would say it is better to do bigger slots and fewer sittings as that way you are not worrying over having part done ink.

Also if you take your time to save you can refine your design until you are 110% happy as will be on for life.

Take Care
Matthew

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been planning this for a while, just been in kind of a financial slump. The artist is really good and has gone through a few ideas with me. I’m pretty sold on one of them. I guess I’ll try to get up the money for the remaining 2 hours before then.

Thanks again!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

You really shouldn’t want to artist to cram as much as he can, or else you might lose quality of the work.
Like Sherav said, you really should save up for atleast 3 hours or so.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Thanks Biker. I put in the deposit already, but if I can’t work up enough for at least three hours I’m gonna postpone. He already said he would take his time and work with me.

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

if you do explain your intentions to the tattooist, remember to let him take his time and do not rush art.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Very first, very rough sketch…
121409165638.jpg

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I agree with the hours, you need a bit of time to get started. 1 1/2 hours won’t do it.
Me and my artist do 4 hour sittings, the maximum he’ll do at a time.
Anything less just isn’t enough time. On my sleeve, we only got wrist to elbow outlined and a bit of colour in 4 hours, when we’d planned to get the whole arm outlined. Session #2 is in a few days, hopefully we’ll finish outlining.
As for design, it looks cool, a decent artist can really make that come together well 🙂

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Thanks for everybody’s input. It’s greatly appreciated.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Yeah, listen to these guys. It will take at least 3 hrs for that outline IMO. You will be much happier to walk around with a complete outline while you save up for shading

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

You’re right, especially when it’s already a cover up of two I have already. It’s going to look pretty funky until it’s finished.

Jez
Participant
@jez

I’m digging the design. It’s gonna look wicked if done right.:cool:

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

Thanks! I’m hoping so.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.