Oplr
Participant
@oplr

Im just wondering as I have heard extremely mixed views.
How much pain am I expecting and I was wondering in which place you personally prefer tattoo’s. My choices are forearm, arm or back. I think for the first time im getting my bicep tattoo’d.
I was wondering which you personally prefer, a tribal animal or a picture ( cards, dice, etc etc )

Also what else am I to expect, I am 100% clueless about tattoos.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

[1] Introduce yourself to us, in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF section…. why, because it’s a nice thing to do before you start shooting out questions.

[2] Sherav…. look him up and click on his blog in his singnature. He wrote an excellent “newbie guide” for others to read and is very educated, so it will do you wonders.

[3] All tattoos hurt, but they ALL are tolerable.

[4] My perfered place for a tattoo…. is on MY BODY!!!

But seriously, don’t get visible tattoos unless you’re 100% SURE they’re allowable in your CAREER field.

[5] I don’t really care what catagory my piece is, just as long as I 100% like it and it has some meaning behind it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome.

As suggested feel free to read through the blogs or my wordpress blog it will get you upto speed on the basics of the tattooing experience.

Pain wise it starts at a cat scratch upwards and depends on the indvidual’s tolerance to pain no 2 are alike however the areas that tend to be the most painful are those close to bone;

Ribs – a def no-no for the first unless you have a high pain threshold.

Collarbones – some complain it is more vibration than pain but again not a comfortable one.

Shins/Knee caps.

I would possibly suggest a more padded area for a first such as the bicep.

However you have to decide is this going to be the start of a lifelong addiction (I am now on a full backpiece and I swore I would only get the one).

If you think you are going for more plan the space to allow more such as 1/2 sleeve or full sleeve.

The back is big canvas and shouldn’t be wasted really in my opinion.

As for designs it is personal choice but pin it up and look at it everyday for a month at least. You will likley see changes or new ideas that is normal.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.