ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Ok, last night I had an idea. Let’s have some real tattoo discussion. Every day I log in here and 95% of all the new posts contain the phrase “Need Advice” or “What about this?” While I’m all for helping people and giving my two cents, I’m ready for some more in depth discussion.

So, as the first topic, let’s talk style. What styles do you prefer and, more importantly, WHY? Also, post examples of what you like. This may inspire some new tattoo enthusiast who visit here and/or expose the older crowd with new ideas. Hopefully, this will be the first in a series of topics.

So whether it is Asian, old school, new school, tribal, celtic, black and gray, color, etc, let’s discuss.

I’ll start it. Obviously, I like the Asian inspired style as illustrated in my half sleeve. However, I want to talk about something else…New School tattoos. I don’t have any yet, but they are very interesting to me. I love the bright, vivid colors. I like the rounded, almost cartoonish, features.

Even tattoos that could be considered dark or menacing, have a certain “fun” quality in the new school style. Here are just a few examples that I’ve found. I don’t want any of these particular tattoos. They are just examples.

Pink_Teddy_Bear_with_Tattoo_Machine.jpg

new20school20short1.jpg

o_LBMDfrtaCHY5Rlx.jpg

devil-face.jpg

So let’s discuss

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I generally like colored pieces with a “new school flare” to it.
I have several color pieces as well as black & grey, but I perfer color.

Why, because I personally think black and grey pieces don’t look that good for things other than memorial tattoos or “dark” themes [EX/ death, skulls, etc]

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

neat topic .

well i love most styles
not all are my cup of tea but i enjoy looking at them as art .
my favorites have to be old school style or japanese and im all about the colour 😀
i like black and grey but never thought about it for myself because i felt it would make me look gothic :rolleyes:

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I agree about the black and gray being more of a “dark” theme. However, I do prefer black/gray portraits. I’m considering a black/gray piece on my ribs of a pic taken at my wedding…

120-2.jpg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.