archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

I am planning on getting a tattoo of a howling wolf on my arm, shoulder to just above the elbow, I have some ideas but the things I know that I want in the tattoo are the word “Loyalty” at the top of the tattoo, the howling wolf (not the full body just the neck and head) and possibly the moon. The part I need help with is the positioning, and the background. any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

This is a tattoo I’ve thought about on and of for a long time too. The way I see it, it would make a good half-sleeve, shoulder to elbow.
The wolf would be on a cliff-top near the edge, howling at a big, low-hanging blue moon, which had just cleared a tree line. I’d have a nice mountain-esque scenery scattered with pine trees as a background and maybe a night owl floating through the sky. The focus would be on realism.
That’s how I envision it anyway.

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

thanks, thats a great idea. My idea is to have only the head and neck of the wolf (very detailed portrait) fading into the background. any ideas about the rest of the background? I like the idea of very detailed mountains with trees and the moon for the upper part of the background, but what about the lower part of the background? it seems like wasted space to just have a lot of trees or something below the head (the way Im imagining it the bases of the mountains wouldn’t be seen)… and dont worry about me just stealing your exact idea, I’m a firm believer in individual, one of a kind tattoos

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Don’t worry about stealing ideas, I may never get around to getting it done. You could always get the Loyalty banner underneath it. I’ll have to have a think about what else you could put under the head.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.