jaydeeishere55
Participant
@jaydeeishere55

I wanna get this one i think on my right bicep, unless you guys find a different area would suit it perfectly.

Anyways, onto the idea. Some of you may be familiar with the greek myth of Callisto and her son Arcas. If not you can wikipedia it its pretty short. Some of you may also have heard the song “Like Callisto to a star in heaven” by Trivum. Since i love music, and am a mythology fanatic i thought i would combine the two ideas into one.

I wanted to do it like this but feel free to expand if you have a better idea. I wanted to do a picture of the greek god Zeus (who is a very major player in the story), standing on the earth and looking up towards the stars. Specifically i would have him looking at the big and little dipper (Ursa major and ursa minor) as this is what the greeks believed Zeus turned Callisto and Arcas into.

Now for word placement, I’m really unsure on this one so tell me your ideas, I thought maybe beneath his feet it could say “Changed like Callisto to a star in heaven”

One last thing, Where would be the best place to get this drawn up so i could see it?

Thanks for any replies =)

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

It sounds like a good concept.
It’s going to have to be pretty large to incorporate everything.

And where do you live?
Just go to a well known shop, and make arrangements to have something drawn up.
Most shops require some kind of deposite if you’re a new customer.

jaydeeishere55
Participant
@jaydeeishere55

I live in little old watertown New York, its the middle of nowhere and we have two seasons, Snow and Spring. Theres a tattoo shop in the nearby town of adams though called Custom Ink, and ive heard alot good about them so im gonna go in soon and check out the portfolio. Where else could i place it?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Shin, rib, and upper-back sounds like a good area to me.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sounds like a half sleeve to me :rolleyes:

jaydeeishere55
Participant
@jaydeeishere55

I would love to make it a half sleeve, or a rib piece. I like the half sleeve more, suggestions on what i could use to finish it out into a full half sleeve?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

start looking for drawings of what you have described . the bigger you go the more detail you can have in it

jaydeeishere55
Participant
@jaydeeishere55

Yeah i know but i mean this should probably only take up about half of my arm, leaving the inside of my arm bare, what could i use to fill that gap?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

you can have, back ground, clouds, a place, a sense from the myth anything

jaydeeishere55
Participant
@jaydeeishere55

How would Arcas (the son of Callisto) weilding a javelin about to kill a bear like in the story. Or maybe Hera, Zeus’s wife standing there looking pissed at her husband for cheating on her and for placing this girl in the stars

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
jaydeeishere55;54066 wrote:
How would Arcas (the son of Callisto) weilding a javelin about to kill a bear like in the story. Or maybe Hera, Zeus’s wife standing there looking pissed at her husband for cheating on her and for placing this girl in the stars

You could do both, one below the other when you’re ready to go the full sleeve. Just remember to go to a reputable artist, possibly someone with a folio of decent portraits.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.