zekiza
Participant
@zekiza

hey every1. kinda new here 🙂 but i am wanting to get a tattoo so firgured where better to go for advice? 😛

basicly I am wanting to get a sleeve sryle tattoo on my right arm, but im not very artistic, so am looking for some ideas etc… i don’t want like a solid sleeve of colour or anything like that but more a collage pf pictures making the illusion of a sleeve, im also looking to get a quote spiraling from the top of my hand/wrist up my arm… I know its kinda hard to describe this all, and im having difficulty imagining how it will look myself, but if there is any1 on here that is quite artistic then please get back to me 🙂

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to provide NEAGTIVE feedback on this post 😡

-What significance does a “sleeve-style-tattoo” hold to you? Basially you’re saying you just want your entire are inked from wrist up, without any symbolizim or meaning behind it? Right? WTF is the point of that? Seriouslyyyyyyyyyyy??????? :confused:Just because you have a sleeve, won’t make you “in” or “stylish” in the world of tattoooing and body modification.

Anyways….. even though I doubt you actually took time to read my rant:

What were you thinking of? All said was “a quote” and I can think of MANY quotes.

-Biker:cool:

zekiza
Participant
@zekiza

well tbh as i said I am looking to be inspired. I dnt want just a solid sleeve of randomness. As for your rant, i didn’t ask for your feedback on what quote to have or anything like that, i plan on choosing that myself and this tattoo is not to just be hip or cool or whatever. The reasons behind getting this are kinda persona hence why i didnt go blabbing about it.

Edit : typo

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012

First off, you are asking us to tell you what images to put on the sleeve, and then saying it’s very personal? Just think about that for a moment.

Secondly, the specific quote could change what images are appropriate to go with it.

People just want more to go off of to both show that you’ve put some thought into it and also to be able to help at all. Right now, I have no idea what to suggest to you. There just isn’t enough info in this thread.

zekiza
Participant
@zekiza

nevermind then. People here just seem to have a negative view to forum posting and i CBA with that.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
zekiza;53747 wrote:
nevermind then. People here just seem to have a negative view to forum posting and i CBA with that.

Nope, we’re all pretty friendly and very helpful.
We have a tons of experienced folks here.

I’m the type who always wants to make others THINK about their posts/ideas. I’d like to provoke thought and meaning behind ones concept for their piece or thought-process. Some “beat-around-the-bush” and others are pretty straight forward with their oppinions/posts.

If you can’t take constructive critism, then don’t ask for OTHER PEOPLE’S oppinions for YOUR work/thoughts/ideas.

-Biker 😎

JediMaster012
Participant
@jedimaster012
zekiza;53747 wrote:

Okay, I tried to be polite in my first post, but did you even read what I said? I said you would find help if you provided more information, but you respond trying to play the victim.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you don’t want opinions, don’t ask for them.
Although it could have been better worded so as not to wound the delicate nature of some people, Biker’s reply was spot-on and even attempts to make you A) think about, and B) clarify (for yourself and us as well) what you’re asking. But instead you’ve just gone all hurt and bothered because the answer you got wasn’t to your liking.

You asked for inspiration but gave absolutely nothing to go on and you wanted others to tell you what you wanted to use for your personal tattoo, yet claim that it’s personal so you won’t tell us.

Your entire first post contains everything anyone could ever give you with the information you gave:

zekiza wrote:
I am wanting to get a sleeve sryle tattoo on my right arm

Okay. I recommend you get a sleeve on your right arm.

zekiza wrote:
but i don’t want like a solid sleeve of colour or anything like that but more a collage pf pictures making the illusion of a sleeve

Ah, I see. You don’t want filler, but a collection of smaller images making up the sleeve (which basically can’t be done properly unless it’s VERY well thought out before hand and meticulously planned)

zekiza wrote:
im also looking to get a quote spiraling from the top of my hand/wrist up my arm

Well, add a quote spiraling up your arm then.

Again, it will have to be designed and planned beforehand like the rest of the sleeve you’re designing.
If it’s designed as a sleeve but has no background or filler, it’s still a sleeve IMO.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
ArniVidar;53807 wrote:
If you don’t want opinions, don’t ask for them.
Although it could have been better worded so as not to wound the delicate nature of some people, Biker’s reply was spot-on and even attempts to make you A) think about, and B) clarify (for yourself and us as well) what you’re asking. But instead you’ve just gone all hurt and bothered because the answer you got wasn’t to your liking.

You asked for inspiration but gave absolutely nothing to go on and you wanted others to tell you what you wanted to use for your personal tattoo, yet claim that it’s personal so you won’t tell us.

Your entire first post contains everything anyone could ever give you with the information you gave:

Okay. I recommend you get a sleeve on your right arm.

Ah, I see. You don’t want filler, but a collection of smaller images making up the sleeve (which basically can’t be done properly unless it’s VERY well thought out before hand and meticulously planned)

Well, add a quote spiraling up your arm then.

Again, it will have to be designed and planned beforehand like the rest of the sleeve you’re designing.
If it’s designed as a sleeve but has no background or filler, it’s still a sleeve IMO.

Well done. Enough said.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Also remember you dont have to be artistic yourself. You can always get images from various sources and use them as a reference when explaining your thoughts to your artist. As others have said though, you need to think of what you want on your sleeve. We dont know anything about you, and have no idea what you would like.

Sleeves and large tattoos in general are not to be taken lightly, and require alot of planning before even going to the artist. Dont rush it, or it will be a whole lot of pain and work for something you wont like in the end. Really take your time in deciding and brainstorming what you want.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.