arkinstall
Participant
@arkinstall

Now is it possible to use white ink over black?!!

Basically ive got a tattoo I had done 10 years ago which Id ideally like to go over with white edge ink (So not big bits of white) …..Im looking to get a half sleeve done and not really keen with incorporating the current tattoo in the theme.

Thanks in advance guys!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Do you have a picture?

arkinstall
Participant
@arkinstall

I don’t im afraid….but its basically a tribal tattoo at the top of my left arm!

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

cant really help without a picture mate (talking on behalf of those who know stuff about the inkwork etc. not me) – try and get a pic bud

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

In theory it is possible but it depends on many factors – the main one is how faded is the black ink and how many sessions are you willing to have of white ink.

The outcome is usually not very satisfying as the white often fades anyway within 2-3 years and does not make for a great cover up colour.

That said it can be done over very faded black but usually requires multiple sittings over the same area that can scar the skin anyway.

I would suggest a laser treatment or just rework the tribal so it looks fresher.

Take Care
Matthew

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

A norwegian tattoo artist has done it ๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.electriclinda.com/gallery.html Check out the cover ups ๐Ÿ™‚

So it can be done. But you need an amazing artist. But yeah, it should be pretty faded black, if you’ve got a real solid black tattoo, you might want to do a couple laser treatments first. Might not need to remove the whole tattoo, but enough to make for a good coverup ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have seen it done a few times but i dont know any artists that do it .
most will say go get some laser treatment to fade it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.