The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Hey all,

So I was talking to a customer in work who comes to me regularly, when he let off a huge yawn (it was pretty early in the day), thats when I noticed he had a tattoo on his eyelid. I asked him how long he had it for and he said 3 years, I was amazed that I had never noticed it before! I’ve always been interested in getting something small on my eyelid like a star or moon crescent, but have been worried about it being too noticeable.
After seeing this guys and knowing him for roughly a year, I’m just wondering is it possible to get something that wouldn’t be noticeable to others unless you were asleep or pulled your eyelid down to show them?

Everything I find on the internet brings up huge tats that cover the entire eyelid, something I’m not after.

Thanks in advance!

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

at theend of the day though, why get it if you dont want anyone to see it

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

It shouldn’t be too noticeable [Is that a word? Lol] unless you talk with your eyes closed or are a really slow blinker lol.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well it really depends like all tattoos the smaller you go the more chance you have it of becoming a blob in later life.

As for noticiability most ppl will not conciously register it unless you show them and will just dismiss it as a mark if at all.

Take Care
Matthew

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming
Benjaminho;53590 wrote:
at theend of the day though, why get it if you dont want anyone to see it

I’d want people to see it, but my job frowns upon visible tattoos.

BIKERinBLACK77 wrote:
It shouldn’t be too noticeable [Is that a word? Lol] unless you talk with your eyes closed or are a really slow blinker lol.

Haha yeah I know a few people who talk like that.

Sherav wrote:
Hi

Well it really depends like all tattoos the smaller you go the more chance you have it of becoming a blob in later life.

As for noticiability most ppl will not conciously register it unless you show them and will just dismiss it as a mark if at all.

Take Care
Matthew

Yeah that’s true, plus it’s on your face. I just think its cool how you can have a tattoo on your face and its hiding away up there.

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

i think if theres any chance of it affecting your job you shouldnt get it, but thats just a personal point of view – its not like you will ever see it yourself, that and nobody else will see it. that and the fact that people might think you have a mark on your eyelid or something :p – you can tell which way im swaying hehe

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well it could quite easily be covered with tattoo make up or eye make up 😀

but i wouldnt fancy getting tattooed there ….. has to hurt !!!

myfam
@

Before you have eyelids tattooed you do need to have an initial consultation with the professional applying the procedure. If you have a prolapsed mitral heart valve you may need to take antibiotics before hand to prevent a bacterial infection in your heart. You may also be asked to eliminate the use of aspirin and nicotine before the operation to minimize the chance of swelling or bleeding.

The only real risk of the surgery is an allergic reaction to the pigments. You should know that such a risk is much higher when it comes to eyelid tattooing than it is for any other tattooing procedure. This is because some people’s eyes may not be able to tolerate the pigments.

As this tattooing procedure is in such close proximity to the eye itself, there is also a risk of eye infection. It is very important to follow your doctor’s post operative care instructions which will advise you not to rub, scratch or pick at the area in any way. In some people, the procedure may also cause excessive tearing of the eyes for a couple of days.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

^^ not getting eyelid tattoo now ^^

lol

TattooSt
Participant
@tattoost

not a good idea,might get infected easy.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

That guy’s a spammer, don’t worry about it.
I’ve met a few people with permanent makeup tattooed on them, it would be uncomfortable until the tattoo was healed I guess.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.