crazy4kayak
Participant
@crazy4kayak

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=3338&pictureid=4608

This is the first tattoo that I got. I love it and am very happy with it, just wondering what anybody else thinks or if anybody has any opinions on it?

thanks!! ๐Ÿ˜€

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Cool tattoo, what does it say?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

looks nice

crazy4kayak
Participant
@crazy4kayak
-DMD-;53252 wrote:
Cool tattoo, what does it say?

its irish and in old irish writing. it says … tรญr gan teanga tรญr gan anam= a country without a language is a country without a soul ๐Ÿ™‚ Its an old Irish saying. I wnated to get something to mark how it was important to me and thouhgt this was an appropriate phrase, and also the irish symbol of the claddagh standing for love loyalty and friendship ๐Ÿ™‚

L3arn1ng 2 7a77o0
Participant
@l3arn1ng-2-7a77o0

the hands and heart in the middle looks like its been there for a lil while ( didnt look as fresh as the rest ) did you have them done at diffrent times ?

crazy4kayak
Participant
@crazy4kayak
L3arn1ng 2 7a77o0;53292 wrote:
the hands and heart in the middle looks like its been there for a lil while ( didnt look as fresh as the rest ) did you have them done at diffrent times ?

No, it was all done at the one time alright. Ya, I get what you mean. To be fair, I think a certian amount of it is the camera/ photo, but I suppose it cannot be blamed fully….

Burner
Participant
@burner

With reference to what L3arn1ng 2 7a77o0 said. Are the hands and the heart not done in grey as opposed to the rest which is in black?

Really nice piece by the way, love the idea of the text and I think it fits perfectly where it is! ๐Ÿ™‚

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

That’s beautiful! And yes, it does look like the middle bit has been done a shade lighter.

wak
Participant
@wak

I wouldn’t worry about the difference in the middle and the outside. The hard curves of the tribal looks great darker and the middle design needs that shaded look. The whole thing suits and looks great!

crazy4kayak
Participant
@crazy4kayak
Burner;53327 wrote:
With reference to what L3arn1ng 2 7a77o0 said. Are the hands and the heart not done in grey as opposed to the rest which is in black?

Really nice piece by the way, love the idea of the text and I think it fits perfectly where it is! ๐Ÿ™‚

um, ya its in grey alright lol. thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ the tribally bits arent originally what i had drawn, the artist changed it to that, think he was right though ๐Ÿ˜‰ ya, the size and shape kinda suits where it is alright. got some comments shall we say about where it is, but feck them anyways! lol

crazy4kayak
Participant
@crazy4kayak
wak;53348 wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about the difference in the middle and the outside. The hard curves of the tribal looks great darker and the middle design needs that shaded look. The whole thing suits and looks great!

thanks a million! ๐Ÿ˜€ most of what i was getting form people was woah, thats big for a first tattoo! and no other comments after that lol, Idont think it is, n sure even if it is so what?

I am so glad I found a decent artist! My cousin gets hers done by the guy that did this! I nearly got it done by another guy, then saw him absolutely destroy some poor guys shoulders with a dodgy tattoo without him even realising. Felt so sorry for him, it was a huge one like…….

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

i think its lovely. the shading on the hands is really nice x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.