Fitzchiv
Participant
@fitzchiv

Hey, so my second tattoo is five months old now – having got it in June for my birthday. There’s a specific reason behind why I chose what I did, and I still stand by the decision etc however unfortunately between picture – to paper – to inked the definition has been lost and it’s ended up a bit ‘blobby’ and not 100% what I wanted.
I can’t blame the artist as i do believe he did exactly as I asked, just that in transferring the image to the skin it lost it’s crispness. I had my first piece done by the same guy and it was ansolutely perfect, very fine, so i’ve no doubts about his ability.

So my questions, because i know very little about the detail of tattoo’s etc, are;

Is it easily done to have something touched up/amended? I wouldn’t be looking for significant change.

How do you go about deciding what to change and getting the changes? – the point here is the original picture was a cave painting styled Buck, which as i’ve said has come out less ‘stick like’ and more fleshy. I see the only solution now is to have the piece altered to be MORE ‘Buckish’ i.e sort the nose out, enlarge the tail, sharper the antlers etc – but I am a TERRIBLE artist! Will any decent artist be open to ‘ad-hoc’ changes like this on anothers work? I live 180 miles from where i had it done now..

Cheers for any advice (I live in Notts by the way, if anyone knows of decent places round here that may be of help?)

photo.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

makes me think of christmas 😮

Fitzchiv
Participant
@fitzchiv

haha, exactly!

Fitzchiv
Participant
@fitzchiv

Been a while since I posted about this, have let it slip down my priority list.

Was wondering, how difficult is a simply cover up? Now seriously thinking of that alternative

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The problem is that you have to cover it with something much bigger than the original and very dark. You would probably have to get it lightened a bit by laser first. It doesn’t look all that bad. If you wanted to get creative about it maybe you could have a sun rise coming up behind it? That would make sense for the Moose to be black and you might be able to “hide” the lack of crispness in the larger piece.

Fitzchiv
Participant
@fitzchiv

Well I’m thinking of a larger image of similar design transposed directly over it, again in black.

I’m still open to the idea of having this one adjusted if people think it’s possible, i.e a bit of sharpening of the antlers, filling in the neck a bit to take away the ‘mooseness’ and expanding the tail – something like this (excuse paintbrush please!)amendedtat.jpg

Fitzchiv
Participant
@fitzchiv

just bumping this for any more feedback, cheers

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

My advice is work with what you have. The tattoo is not a bad one and an experienced artist can most definitely expand the features for you.

More antlers and more definition is not a tough job. This would be much cheaper and more effective than laser and a cover up.

I would also consider adding some background like a cave wall, spears, or campfire etc.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.