tony1853
Participant
@tony1853

Hi all. Got my first tattoo today…it was finished about 5 hours ago. It is on my right arm, extending from the top of the upper arm and ending about 6 inches from the elbow.

About an hour ago, I began to feel that my neck on that side is slightly numb, and my wife noticed that my ear on that side is very red. My arm is a litle sore, and I think I feel a very slight numbness in my hand at the wrist on that side. It took about 2.5 hrs to do the tat.

What could this be from? The tattoo area itself seems ok…redness is only where the ink is, not in places where it’s not.

Does this sound normal, or might it be a cause for concern?

THANKS!!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Sounds like you have suffered a bit of shock which is quite normal the body is put under a lot of strain and numbness is a common irritation.

I would suggest placing some ice on the effected area for at least 15 – 20 mins and leave for 10 mins and repeat until swelling reduces.

If you have the same numbness after 24 hrs consider getting it checked and def within 48 hrs.

It is a fairly common symptom but not one to be ignored.

Take care
matthew

tony1853
Participant
@tony1853
Sherav;52934 wrote:
Hi

Sounds like you have suffered a bit of shock which is quite normal the body is put under a lot of strain and numbness is a common irritation.

I would suggest placing some ice on the effected area for at least 15 – 20 mins and leave for 10 mins and repeat until swelling reduces.

If you have the same numbness after 24 hrs consider getting it checked and def within 48 hrs.

It is a fairly common symptom but not one to be ignored.

Take care
matthew

THANKS Matthew! I popped a benadryl last night before I went to bed…don’t know if it helped or not, but I was fine in the morning….thanks again for your response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.