wayfastwhitey
Participant
@wayfastwhitey

im just curious as to why red ink tends to scab more than other colors? i just got 4 nautical stars, 2 are red and black and 2 are white and black. where the red is scabbed like mad and the black seems to have very little or no scabbing at all. anyone got any ideas?

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

I think all colours scab more than black and grey, also depends on how deep the ink has gone into the skin.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

That’s an interesting question, I had the same thing happen on my arm – got blacks, yellows, reds, greens on it, and the red scabbed up heaps.

wayfastwhitey
Participant
@wayfastwhitey

i know a couple people that have said the red has scabbed more than any other color

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Red pigment has one of the highest irritant contents compared to all other colours so the body will try and flush it from the body harder by pumping more blood to the site. This in turn sends more hemoglobin that forms into a scab which tries to seal off the wound from outside infection whilst the scar tissue locks it in place from spreading through the body.

Take a look at my blog on what is tattoo ink and will give you an idea of some of the stuff they put in.

As tattoo manufacturers do not have to disclose what pigments they use in their inks some of them have a higher toxicity than main brands who tend to use synthetic ingredients.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have always been fine with red, hot pinks a bad one for me :rolleyes:

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
Butterfly_Kisses;52945 wrote:
i have always been fine with red, hot pinks a bad one for me :rolleyes:

Luckily i’ll never have to worry about that ๐Ÿ™‚

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

I’ve only had black and white ever used myself… but my husbands last tattoo had colours… and the green scabbed really quickly, much thicker… scab fell off and so did the green colours. ๐Ÿ™ he did have red(ish) used, but that, like the black and white healed like normal.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
bittytoffee;52969 wrote:
I’ve only had black and white ever used myself… but my husbands last tattoo had colours… and the green scabbed really quickly, much thicker… scab fell off and so did the green colours. ๐Ÿ™ he did have red(ish) used, but that, like the black and white healed like normal.

One on my arm is predominantly dark and bright green, it scabbed little, and looks great.

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee
Joker1;52975 wrote:
One on my arm is predominantly dark and bright green, it scabbed little, and looks great.

Going off topic here (don’t know how that’s looked at)… the tattoo artist did tell my husband to come back after it’s healed, so she could touch it up, as it became so swollen at it as difficult to see what was what), but that meant the highlights and the shading… shading looks great apart from(, as mentioned above) all the green dissappeared. Don’t think he’s looking forward to having to redo the green, as it wasn’t pleasant as she was doing it (kept going over the same place over and over to get the correct shades), so don’t kno whether he’ll leave it without the green or not. Got a few more weeks to go though for it to be completely healed.

wayfastwhitey
Participant
@wayfastwhitey

ya my red scabbed really thick and i lost a bunch of color. it was a really dark red now its kinda pink ๐Ÿ™

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Mine was sorta mixed with yellow in my skin, it came out fine, but is still flaking lightly (got it 18 days ago).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.