Tweaking
Participant
@tweaking

So I’ve been tossing around ideas for almost a year for my first tattoo because I wanted to make sure I wouldn’t regret it. Finally I’ve decided what I want, I just need a little advice on my idea.
I want to get the quote “That which does not kill me makes me stronger” I know the correct quote has the word us instead of me, but I wanted to make it a little more personal.
Right now my plan is to get it in calligraphy on both of my sides. Meaning “That which does not kill me” on one side and “makes me stronger” on the other.

I’m a little worried that it will look weird with more text on one side compared to the other, but I’m not sure.
So a little advice and thoughts would be great

Thanks.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

If you aren’t set on getting it in English, try a different language. Chinese, Japanese etc would make the tattoos look more even and symetrical.

If it has to be in English though, why not add a few more words like, “That which does not kill me…” “Can only make me stronger”. 2 extra words could make a difference.

Tweaking
Participant
@tweaking

Eh, it wouldn’t make sense for me to get it in a different language.
I like your idea of adding a few words though

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Not really sure if it would look odd might be ok because its either side of you…if that makes sense, but if you want it symetrical Might Ming’s idea is probably the way to go. x

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

The tattoo will work fine as long as the artist follows the basic rules (so go to a pro)

The same font is used on both sides.
The same size is used.
The start point of each tattoo is the same.

By sides do you mean ribs? I would suggest going fauirly large and bold and you can always add to the design.

Also make sure that you have the correct spelling and punctuation of the words that you want (seems obvious but seen many mispelt tattoos 😉 ).

I was going to get on my collar bones

That does not kill me now … will eventually 😀

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

personally i wouldn’t break the quote up .

Tweaking
Participant
@tweaking
Butterfly_Kisses;52676 wrote:
personally i wouldn’t break the quote up .

Hm, I was pretty set on getting it on my side I just figured it’s too much to get on one side without it being too small of text

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
Tweaking;52762 wrote:
Hm, I was pretty set on getting it on my side I just figured it’s too much to get on one side without it being too small of text

Depends how big you wanna go 😉

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Personally I’d always think the tat was half-done if I saw just one side. I understand the whole concept of the text on both sides, but for me I’d prefer to put it all on the same side.

I agree with the Joker, this all depends on the size. In two lines, you could fit the script vertically in a pretty huge font, so there’s space enough for smaller script.

Dialback
Participant
@dialback

Personally i would go with one side. Leave the other for a future meaningfull quote

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.