Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

I’m 18 and considering getting my first tattoo. I would like to have it somewhere on my foot that could be covered if needed. I’m wanting to get “Romans 5: 1-5” in one of my friend’s handwriting, and a holy spirit bird next to it, but drawn by another friend. Is this possible? Also, I’m not sure if I should get it put on the inside or outside of my foot. Any suggestions would help!

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

How long is the verse? With tattoos, you shouldn’t really get writing tattooed too small. As a tattoo gets older, and with exposure to the sun, the lines fatten and fade, so a small font runs the risk of becoming blurred and illegible.
Unless I’m misunderstanding and you want to just get ‘Romans 5: 1-5’ tattooed just like that.
I’m not sure what you mean by inside or outside of your foot either.

Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

Yes I just want it to say Romans 5: 1-5. And the inside of my foot would be like on the arch and the outside would be on the opposite side.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I wouldn’t get it on the arch, anywhere prone to rubbing is going to deteriorate the tattoo during the healing process and even when it’s healed, you’d have to get it touched up every couple of years. I’ve seen tattoos on the tops of feet that come out fine, is that a possibility?

Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

Probably, or on the top but to the side a little. What about the handwritten and drawn part of it?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Your friends can draw those up for you, that’s fine, but you’ll need to take it to a reputable tattoo artist to get the ‘ok’.
There’s lots of things you can draw on paper that won’t work as a tattoo. Skin colour, size, shape of the area, how busy the drawing is, how it will look on skin are all things that need to be considered, but if you take the design to the tattooist he/she will be able to tweak it a little bit if need be to make it the best tattoo it can be.

Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

The drawing would be simple. Here is a link to what it would be similar to. Will you be able to tell that the tattoo was drawn by them?
http://www.inplainsite.org/assets/images/Holy-Spirit.jpg

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

You wouldn’t really be able to tell who drew it I guess, because the tattooist would straighten out any crooked lines and such.
The design itself would be able to been tattooed easily without changing much at all.

Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

So I’ve changed the design around a bit (I tend to think about stuff A LOT). I’m wondering if it is possible to have the outline of the holy spirit bird, then 11 different bible verses (titles only Romans 5: 1-5 etc) written by 7 different people. It would be on the top of my foot. I’m just not sure if that’s too detailed, or what the size might have to be. Also, how much would a tattoo like this cost?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Depends how big your foot is, it might be possible. You might have to go with different fonts, instead of different people writing it, it might come out looking a little weird.

Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

Now it’s going to be the outline of the bird, with five different verses written by five different people. It will take up the whole top of my foot which is about 4×3 inches. Good?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I think you’re putting too much emphasis on the ‘written by 5 different people’ thing.
I only say this because if two people’s handwriting is similar, and you get it tattooed, it’s going to look like the tattooist couldn’t make up their mind what font to use.
If you get your 5 friends who you want to have input in your tattoo, maybe you should get them to pick a font from 1001fonts.com each or something like that.

Mashell26
Participant
@mashell26

The whole point of the tattoo is the different handwriting. None of them are similar to each other. How big would the writing have to be for it to be legible? And how long would something like this take to tattoo?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

About 1.5cm tall I think. A tattooist artist can correct me on that one.
The guy I go to explained it this way when a woman came in wanting small writing – he got a piece of paper and wrote whatever she wanted in a small font in pencil. He then smudged it and showed her the result, and explained if he tattooed writing too small, it would end up looking like that in a couple years.
It shouldn’t take more than an hour.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.