axis68
Participant
@axis68

Hi All,

Well after a long wait I got a cancellation and am going in next week for my Hendrix portrait tattoo.

I have a question though about the healed tone/colour of the ink.

I am having black and grey and I noticed that some tattoos when healed take on a grey sort of tone. Some blue and some a lighter blue….. is this down to the individuals skin or the ink or a combination of both,

Also … anyone heard of silverback ink an if so how it differ from other inks in terms of the final look.

Thanks in advance for any help

AmandaK
Participant
@amandak

Usually, it’s due to the skin. Skin is like an opaque sheet that comes in varying colors, depending on the wearer: When it grows over the color beneath it, it gives the color a lighter cast, and so, a duller tone. Most fair skin has some yellow or red in it, and that can make black look greyish or bluish. Another culprit is how well it was put in. If it was put in too deep, it’ll look lighter in tone.

I haven’t seen many blacks that are exept to the discoloration caused by skin, except for one (which name I can’t recall ~ I haven’t tattooed in years!). As for Silverback Ink, well, with much respect to the guys who created and own it, let me say that anyone who wants to prove the quality of an ink will either have to see some very HONEST healed tattoos done with said ink, or will just have to try it. All colors are different in that respect. So even if one guy says “Yeah it’s great!”, well, his idea of great may NOT be the same as yours. See my point? Have a good one. 🙂

axis68
Participant
@axis68

Thanks for your response,
Yeah I get it.

I’ll put a pic up of the finished piece when it’s done and you can check it out.

AmandaK
Participant
@amandak

Great – I can’t wait to see it. 🙂 Maybe you could ask about what type of ink it is and start keeping tabs on what each type of black looks like on you. If you do that, you might find that there’s some types you’d rather use for a certain tattoo, and another type you’d rather use for a different tattoo. Many artists appreciate tattooing people who are that interested in their own ink. I know I was. Best of luck to you.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

several things can be held responsible for the dicolourations, it is caused by different types of skin and also different brands of inks but could be caused by bad techniques carried out by the artist……
i cant seem to think why you would ask about silverback inks….. unless you know that it is used by your artist.

a few of the pro artists here use that brand and say it is good stuff, i dont use it personally so cant say either way. we dont allow discussions on matterials and equipment but i dont hink your question was for personal development hence my reply 😉

if you send a private message to” izarrasink” she uses that brand and might be able to answer your questions

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

Silverback ink heals fine, just like any other greywash ink, why do you ask? Your artist will use what he or she normally uses, cant wait to see the finished work. Also with portraits, its always better to go lighter than too dark, that way if it needs touchups its fine, too dark well too bad. Anyhow this is boarding on tattoo technique disscussion so thats all i will say. Post up the pic once its done and once its healed:D

axis68
Participant
@axis68

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

Well I sat through six hours straight today and half one and a half hours to go when healed.

I will post the pic of the fresh Tattoo in the relevant topic room for you guys to check out,

Best

Eon

axis68
Participant
@axis68

Hi,

Not sure why but I cant seem to upload an image in the inked skin section?

I will keep trying,

Eon

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
axis68;52384 wrote:
Hi,

Not sure why but I cant seem to upload an image in the inked skin section?

I will keep trying,

Eon

check the size of your immage, if its 500 pixels along its longest side then it should upload with no problems, or alternatively you could use photobucket

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.