PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

Hello every one. I have experimented every way I can think of to get better pictures of tattoos that I have done and that I have on me. Now usually I will get pics that are eather to dark or bleached out with the flash. Does any one know any tips to capture a better looking pic that will capture the colors vividly? Thanks in advance to all.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Try to avoid a flash. You need a bit of space to get a top quality shot. The best way is to get two lights on either side of the subject at least a metre away, it’ll be light enough for the camera to take a crisp shot without blowing everything away with the flash. Having said that, a newly done tattoo usual has a coat of cream on it which is going to reflect most light cast at it…

Edit: photoshop can help a lot too

ArniVidar
@arnividar

In theory, assuming you don’t have a ‘real’ flash, any softbox modification on your flash could help. A softbox is basically just a thin film of white material that diffuses the power of the bulb and spreads the beam as well. Again in theory, that would mean that there would be less gleam off any liquid on the tattoo.

I have never tried this myself, but maybe you could try putting a thin white cloth over the flash… a white T-Shirt or something similar? The main issue would be to make sure the material is REALLY white, so as not to screw too much with the colors.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have posted about this before on the forum do a quick search and see if you can find the post.
you can actually use a every day normal flash to your advantage when used with a small reflector thats cheap to buy on ebay 😉

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

Thanks to all for the input. I will search it up and thanks Butterfly_Kisses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.