LiquidCarbon
Participant
@liquidcarbon

Hi everyone.

This is my first tatto that I got a few years ago, and Im going in for a long overdue retouching soon. I want to try and develop the design, and overall nature of it, but im sorta stuck for ideas, so thats why Im throwing it open to you guys for suggestions. Im up for anything so any ideas are welcome. Its on my inner forearm, so theres alot of skin to work with.

Sorry for the bad pic, the perspective makes my arm look like Popeyes!
And yes that is a Simpspons slipper on my foot!

Thanks in advance!

tattoo3.jpg

phantom x
Participant
@phantom-x

i would hit it again with black and maybe a web in behind it ?… and not just a regular one ,.. maybe something off center and brokin up.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

nice homer slippers !
im in not sure what i would do with it , it looks quite tribal looking so im unsure about the web idea .
i feel it might look a little too much like an add on to the tattoo .

i will have a think on this one 😀

LiquidCarbon
Participant
@liquidcarbon

I’ve been having a good think today, and I’m probably just going to get the black retouched. I’ve been contemplating a koi somwhere and i’m possibly going to use the rest of the arm for that. Maybe try and get some waves quite close to the spider so it all flows together.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You could have some extra shadowing and white highlights added and maybe a water effect that takes the form of a web?

Take Care
Matthew

LiquidCarbon
Participant
@liquidcarbon

I’ve been having a good think today, and I’m probably just going to get the black retouched. I’ve been contemplating a koi somwhere and i’m possibly going to use the rest of the arm for that. Maybe try and get some waves quite close to the spider so it all flows together.

LiquidCarbon
Participant
@liquidcarbon
Butterfly_Kisses;51499 wrote:
nice homer slippers !
im in not sure what i would do with it , it looks quite tribal looking so im unsure about the web idea .
i feel it might look a little too much like an add on to the tattoo .

i will have a think on this one 😀

Im currently having an artist friend of mine work on a tribal design for me which was orignally going to go on my other arm, which is bare exept for my other tattoo (wifes name on wrist).
But lookin at things now Ill probably put that tribal on the same arm as the spider, which’ll leave me a complete arm for the koi/japanese piece.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

that will prob work nicely !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.