Pie
Participant
@pie

Please move this if it’s in the wrong place=]

Okay, The local tattoo shop owner in my town is a good family friend and i asked for a few tips on what to do to get started and one has made me wonder for weeks.
He told me that I should tape a couple batteries to a pencil to replicate the weight of an actually gun, Has anyone heard of this or tried/Or used this technique? Is it helpful?

And yes, I have tried doing it=]

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

never heard of it before , but i guess it will not do ant harm on getting used to drawing with some extra weight on your pencils etc .

Tattoopadawan
Participant
@tattoopadawan

My mentor had me place a ball point pen in the place of a tube and grip.
I would run the machine and do line art.
worked great for me.

P.S. There is no such thing as a “Tattoo Gun” It is a Machine.
Gun’s shoot bullets.

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

I also have not heard of that one. I agree it may not hurt? I have different machines that weigh different amounts and are tuned differently for various techniques. I have seen several pretty skilled Tattooist that have came out of the prison systems that have alot of difficulty using a standard machine. Their repeated use of home made tack machines with electric motors, leaves them a bit uncomfortable when they grab a machine that has coils.Most of the time they will purchase a rotary machine from suppliers. I would lean towards the idea of finding what you are comfortable with as far as weight is concerned. A great quality machine in my opinion has no real substitutes. I have always thought that the best resource to getting into the art of tattooing is to get a quality apprenticeship with a respected studio.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Quote:
Their repeated use of home made tack machines with electric motors, leaves them a bit uncomfortable when they grab a machine that has coils

Very true – on a recent episode of Marked they had some famous Latino ex prison tattooist who still choose to work with a home made machine as that is what he learnt on

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.