ClarenceCoop
Participant
@clarencecoop

Ok, so i want to build a 3/4 length sleeve and the starting point was a nice guardian angel which I had 7 of hours on , 2 days ago.

I came out the shop horrified. It doesnt look much like the original design, and I although it is not finished ( still shoulder capping and bits around to do ) , i hate the face and the amount of very dark black blocks around the image.

Any ideas how I can rescue this?

]

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/Yorkshirecoop/074.jpg

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/Yorkshirecoop/069.jpg

Aero_Dave
Participant
@aero_dave

Dude, if you only had it done 2 days ago, give it a good 4-6 weeks to heal-up. I have to full Black & Gray sleeves and black work looks Much darker when new. Once it’s healed, then you’ll have a better idea of how it looks. So far, it looks pretty noce to me. Do you have a copy of the original work so we can compare it too?

Dave…

ClarenceCoop
Participant
@clarencecoop

I went into the shop today and asked what they thought and how we can make it look better.

Their response was similar, in that in a week or so the darkness will lighten up as it heals. I am just disappointed with the whole image really. Think it looks tacky and certain elements, such as the face, the wings and her hand on her chest are not clear at all.

Guessing once it has healed then I can go and have further work to highlight parts?

sorrowlovesEmilie
Participant
@sorrowlovesemilie

the problems your talking about dont seem to be problems with ink but problems with the ability of the artist, how much did you research into the place you went for your tattoo and the artist you picked to do it? there are quite a few posts on here where people have great designs but choose poor artists to carry it out and then wonder why it doesnt match up, maybe try asking someone at another shop to look at your design, i know alot of artists dont like touching some one elses work but you may find someone who will help you,

Not having ago ,but i can feel your pain, and if the artist has lied to you about his/her capabilities getting them to add extra touches wont fix anything, best of luck,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.