beth_cf
@

Hey, my names Beth, I’m new to this forum so I hope I’m doing this in the right place :rolleyes:
I’m getting a tattoo on my birthday and really would like writing along my foot! Ive been thinking long and hard about what i want written and decided to go with a lyric from my all time favourite band Bon Iver as they’ve meant quite a lot to me in the last few years.. has anyone got a lyric tattoo?

also i dont really know which one to get.. a few of my favourites are:

‘Who will love you? Who will fight?’

‘I’m building a still,
To slow down the time’ (i think this is my personal favourite so far)

‘Your love will be,
Safe with me’

‘I tell my love to wreck it all,
Cut out all the ropes and let me fall’

Which, if any, do you reckon?
I’d really appreciate any responce 🙂 Thanks!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

welcome to the forum , i personally like your love will be safe with me 😉

good old neon
Participant
@good-old-neon

Though I do not feel comfortable recommending a specific lyric – for reasons having to with assisting with such a personal choice – I did want to drop in to share my love of Bon Iver. I know it’s not quite the answer you’re looking for, but rather than solicit suggestions, I recommend choosing what “fits” you best, what speaks to your heart.

I have the last line of David Foster Wallace’s Infinite Jest tattooed on my right forearm. Wallace, my favorite novelist, committed suicide last year – his writing was and is hugely influential on my own.

To celebrate my three-year-old daughter, Lily, I’m having a line from Cormac McCarthy’s All the Pretty Horses tattooed on my left forearm:

“He thought the world’s heart beat at some terrible cost and that the world’s pain and its beauty moved in a relationship of diverging equity and that in this headlong deficit the blood of multitudes might ultimately be exacted for the vision of a single flower.”

The “single flower” being my daughter – I intend to follow the quote with a small Lily of some sort.

Anyways, focus on what makes your heart skip a beat, and there you will find the answer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.