mat_p
@

Hi, this is my first post so hi!

I’m after a bit of help with a tattoo i would like to ge,t but am a little short of ideas, at least i don’t have the ability to draw what i have in mind…

My Dad died earlier this year and i would really love to get something in his memory – it would really help as part of the healing process i think . Plus its years since i had a tattoo šŸ™‚

He’s buried in a woodland burial park, its a magical kind of place and I want to capture that in the tattoo. I was thinking maybe a heart – his heart and spirit in this beautiful, magical place. He also grew some white anemones to be planted on his grave so it might be nice to work that in somehow.

Anyway, thats just an idea – he was a free spirit, vegetarian, loved nature & animals, loved music.. I would like some kind of symbol that captures a little of that.

Any help gratefully accepted!

Mat

Aero_Dave
Participant
@aero_dave

Mat, not sure if this interest you at all, but this just popped into my head when reading your Dadā€™s likes.
How about something like a Saxophone playing, and out of the Sax itā€™s blowing bubbles. Each bubble coming out of the Sax is getting larger & larger. Inside each bubble is something different. You could have music notes in 1 or 2 of them, then white anemones in 1 or 2, maybe a few small animals in 1 or 2 and the largest top bubble would have a heart in it, maybe with your Dadā€™s name on a ribbon around it. Of course, for the details I see (in my head) it would have to be a good size piece. It would make a cool back piece. I see the top bubble about 3ā€ in diameter. If you didnā€™t like the Saxophone idea, it could be a radio and these things are coming out of the speakers. I think you get the idea.

I lost my Dad 3 years ago and now have 2 memorial pieces. The 1st one for me was very easy. We both were in the military and Iā€™m the youngest & only one in my family that followed Dadā€˜s footsteps. So my 1st one is on my right ribcage. Itā€™s my skin torn open, my heart showing and Dadā€™s dog tags hanging around it. My 2nd one was easy too. Itā€™s my Dadā€™s portrait on my left ribcage of him in 1952 @ 20 years old. I feel your pain and yes, the tattooā€™s do help in the healing process. Both of my memorial pieces were done on the same calendar day I lost my Dad (1 year apart) and I was on the table getting inked during the time-of-day Dad took him last breath. Something Personally I want to do.
Good luck with your design & healing.
Daveā€¦

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.