Tattoogeeza
Participant
@tattoogeeza

hi guys

as the newbie of the forum ill keep this short & sweet because nobody wants to be bored by the local cockney ๐Ÿ˜‰ anywhoo i have 2 tattoos (pretty basic ones nothing outrageous) and am saving up for something on my arm probably transgressing into a sleeve.

Although im not really sure where to begin, i have some pictures i want knd of merged in together but obviously im no artist, so if i take a few ideas n pics into a tattooist would they be able to create something into a sleeve type peice? or do i have to come up with a basic idea how it should merge together

ps. excuse my ignorance

thanks guys ๐Ÿ˜€

Pitseleh
Participant
@pitseleh

hello mate, im in much the same boat, and the key i think is to get out there and chat to as many artists as possible locally, im sure you have a wide selection, living in london and all. evil from the needle in camden is supposedly awesome, google them if you’re interested.

but yeh, anyone worth bothering with will be more than happy to sit down and spend some time going through what they think looks good from an artistic position and then will run it by you to see if you have any thoughts. bit tattoos mean big wonga for tattooist so im sure they’ll be friendly enough ๐Ÿ˜‰

good luck pal

Tattoogeeza
Participant
@tattoogeeza

cheers mate, in all honesty i get the feeling im gonna go in somewhere and the artist is just gonna go “ah here we go again”

money isnt really an issue as i want it to be perfect and i know some good artists near me but i supose your right, if u dont ask u dont get eh.

nice one fella

Pitseleh
Participant
@pitseleh

to be honest, in my experience, tattooists can be a bit of a law unto themselves. im not sure of the percentages but im pretty sure your more likely to experience a kind of underhand, backward snobbery in a tattoo parlour than you are in a hair salon, whether its a good one or not.

these guys are artists. they are tempremental. they are in demand.. whats more, they know it. they can afford to be wankers now and again.. truth is, i find it strangely refreshing.

its a difficult process finding a good artist on a good day – but in the end it will be worth it. just keep plugging away mate. if moneys not an issue, and you dont mind waiting there are loads of great artists around the uk that should be worth the travel fare.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi,

welcome to the forum .
If your are after our help your going to have to be a bit more clear about what you want and your ideas.
I can’t say i have ever been in a tattoo shop thats not be helpful and friendly
i must just be lucky that i never “experience a kind of underhand, backward snobbery” :rolleyes: however if i wandered in a studio with an attitude that all artist have a “law unto themselves” and are “tempremental” i might .

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I know what you mean Pitseleh, about how some artists can show a ‘kind of underhand, backward snobbery’. The artists I’ve seen in my local area are kinda a little bit like that.
The one I’m seeing now is about an hour and a bit away. He’s got talent, but he’s also the type of guy you could have a few beers with at the pub. A real nice fella.

Anyway, if you’ve got some pieces on your arm, and you wanna turn it into a sleeve, you can always add a few more pieces and get your tattooist to connect them up, or you can find a theme you like and explain that to him.

Pitseleh
Participant
@pitseleh

butterfly, as i said thats only in my experience.. i cant go on anything other than that. i was going to add to my message “dont take offence any tattooist on here” as im sure most have only had pleasant experiences with them such as yourself – i didn’t feel anyone would take my comments so seriously, im a bastard in my own ways

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

Find an artist that is willing to do a consult with you to do some pen/marker sketching on your arm. That is one of the best ways to see roughly what things will look like, including sizes of elements, their position on your body, their relation to each other, etc.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Tattoogeeza where are you from ?

most people here can recommend good artists .

Tattoogeeza
Participant
@tattoogeeza

yea i had that kind of tattooist with my first & second tattoo. its quite annoying but as u say aslong as the job gets done and its a good one

im in essex butterfly, any recomendations?? ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i dont know any but if you do a search here in the forum someone recently asked about artist in that area and a few of us here answered ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.