brianyi
@

Hey guys, the name’s Brian.
Before I get something permanent etched into my skin, I thought the smart thing to do is read up on tattoos and get different views and opinions from the community. And what better community than a tattoo forum!.

I decided on getting my mother’s name in korean in black ink. I have no idea on the size, but that is the least of my worries. What I am here to ask is, where would most people get tattoos to dedicate or honor a person? The letters would go from top to bottom in a vertical fashion not like the tradition left to right in the US. She is still living, and I also plan on getting my grandparent’s name tattoo in korean letters also. Only because they are easily the most honorable and influential people of my life. Well i don’t want to blab on about how cool they are, so thank for reading! Also do costs vary in different location? and the size? Thanks

-Brian

p.s if it helps, I live in MD. DC/metro area.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

I have my grandmothers name in chinese kanji and i love it and i have my sons name in arabic .
some people have portraits to honor someone but a tattoo as simple as a name can be just as nice ๐Ÿ™‚

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Hey Brian,

The most common places to get a tattoo to honour someone would probably be the arms or chest, but you’re free to get it anywhere you want. Just consider if you want it to be visible to the public or not though (could interfere with job opportunities if it’s visible).

Costs vary artist to artist (an average artist where I live is $120 Australian per hour, whereas Kat Von D is something like $1000 American per hour) but if you had a look at a few local places, you’d probably find the prices range from 80-120 per hour.

Remember to look at portfolios of tattoos the artist has done to make sure they’ve actually got some talent!

The bigger the tattoo, the longer it’ll take to do, the more money it’ll cost.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

since you say it will be vertical i would say the arm would be cool, maybe on the inside of the arm.

dbotos
Participant
@dbotos

I agree with Rockysmom – inside of the arms. I would say forearms – show it off if you’re proud of those people. For size, you want something that would take up the length of the forearm, but not so wide that it wraps around your arm too much and makes it harder to read without having to twist your arm around a bunch. Also, if you wear a watch on either arm, consider that as occupied space that you don’t want the tattoo going into (my brands on my left arm go from the inside of my elbow to about an inch or so back from the pivot of my wrist to leave room for my watch). And as far as job interviews go – long sleeve shirts. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.