dandaman2009
Participant
@dandaman2009

Hi all,

About a year ago i got my first tattoo, when my first nephew was born. Long story short, i always wanted to get a tribal band on my arm, but what with my nephew being born i wanted to try and combine the two – so i designed my own thing (I’m a designer by trade)- see attached Photo.jpg

Can you guess the name lol? (The picture needs to be viewed in reverse – took in on my webcam)

So, my next dilema is what to design my next tattoo as!

I have 2 thoughts/concepts!

First Concept – Recently i have been losing a lot of weight i used to weigh 20 stone, but now i’m 19.2 stone (after just 2 weeks) so i wanted to get a tattoo to symbolise each stone/pound that i lose – my aim is to get down to 16.5 stone. Any ideas?

I’ve seen the tattoo that Russel Brand has on his neck that symbolises each year that he has been sober. Its basically a line for each year on the back of his neck. I’d like to have the same prinicple, but something a little more attractive and cool.

Second Concept – I like the thought of people looking at a design and not being able to work out what it is. Therefore, this idea i have is completely different to the one above. It will basically be a quote, or a phrase, that this split in half horrizontally and each half on the tattoo being placed on each fore-arm. So, to look at each arm its meaningless, but if i were to place my arms together it would spell out the phrase/quote.

The dilema now is what phrase to use and what font/design to do. Any ideas on some nice phrases/quotes?

Initial thoughts are something along the lines of:

“Survival of the fittest” – in hebrew/arabic
“To live is your life, your life is to live” – again in another language
“Be stong” – in Chineese

Just some ideas…… possibly a little corny?

Let me know your thoughts guys/gals

Thanks
Dan

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The only thing I want to suggest regards your two-handed approach.

Grab two Coca-Cola (preferably, because of their font) cans and put them side by side. Align them so that you’re watching a single instance of their scripted logo on both cans combined. See how difficult it is to make them look good, match up and not just disappear into the hole between them. Also note how much of the script needs to be seen on each can in order to see the logo properly. It’s quite a bit more than only the half. Although not 100% round, your arms will have the same problem (on a smaller scale).

Just an observation.

dandaman2009
Participant
@dandaman2009

Anyone else????

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sorry i cant make out your nephews name :confused:
i dont really have many ideas on this one , i also didnt know that Russel Brand has a tattoo so im off to google it now 😉

if i think of anything i will let you know 🙂

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

congrats on the weightloss buddy, would never guess you were 19 st in that pic 😎

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i was actually thinking the same, how tall are you ?

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

forgive me if this sucks, it’s just a thought…

The tape measure could represent your weight loss, the apple your healthy living maybe?

Sorry I cant come up with anything better, it’s quite a tough concept to solve IMO

344708y.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You are prob not going to like my first suggestion 🙁

My advice is because weight is something that can easily fluctuate (I am sure you will lose it just an honest thought here) I would advise against a weight loss tattoo.

My reasons are that with having ink there stating you lost x you will be forever beating yourself up if you gain a couple of pounds.

Wearing that kind of ink can be detrimental – what you need to do is get a tattoo that symbolises all of you not just one element.

We are the sum of success and failures – makes us unique.

As for the arm tattoos it is possible to design a phrase split in half but usually it is more effective to get a full quote that can be split or 2 quotes that complement each other.

Good luck with the weight loss and the tattoos.

Take Care
Matthew

dandaman2009
Participant
@dandaman2009

Hi all,

Thanks for the response, kind words and ideas.

@Butterfly_Kisses – Like i said, you need to read it back to front, as its reflected – however, it says OLIVER, see it now?

@CruisingComet
– I really like the tape measure idea mate….. good thinking! Might try and work on that approach. Thanks

@Sherav
– Thanks for the honest opinion. From my angle, I’m getting the tattoo as a motivation thing. At the moment, i am only 1 stone down, with 3 more to go – the perminant ink on my skin will forever remind me that i have a goal and if i dont achieve it then i’ve effectly scarred myself for no reason – what more of a motivation is that?

Thanks again all, and if there are anymore thoughts, that would be cool.

Dan

P.S. for the person who asked, I’m 6 foot 5inches, and fairly broad – but there is certainly weight to be lost there lol I hold it well though.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I speak some hebrew and my wife is fluent (she is Israeli) if you decide on your quote and you want it translating to hebrew let me know with a PM and I will sort that out for you.

Good luck with the diet and ink.

Take Care
Matthew

dandaman2009
Participant
@dandaman2009

bump bump bump

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.