scubaaaron
Participant
@scubaaaron

So last night decided to go get my first tattoo got it on my calf i found it to be very painful is this a bad spot or am i just a wuss. I am asking because i have already planned on gettting a half sleeve and am now wondering if i should think again because of the pain on my calf. Would like feedback from experienced who have actually had both please. I would also like advice on how to maybe make it not to painful.

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill

yeah, you’re probably a wuss, but then so are many people who get tattoos done. A lot of those are self proclaimed Wusses, but they still go through with it, wearing their wuss badge proudly!

Seriously though, the back of the calf hurts like hell. The arm isn’t so bad until you get inside the arm under the armpit area. That’s more wuss territory.

Go for it, you should be able to handle it just fine.

Get you an Ipod and load up on heavy metal music. It does something to you and the pain just fades away…..

Aero_Dave
Participant
@aero_dave

Well, as I’m sure others will say, ‘Everyone’ is different. Just like different areas of the body, feel different (pain levels) that is. It’s been a long time, but I don’t really remember the calf being that bad. For me, the arms and even the insides (full sleeved) are nothing. Now the sides of my ribs is a different story. Although I can take it, I will admit its Not a nice area to have work done on. As stated above, bring some good music and headphones to take you away from the shop and you’ll be fine.

Dave…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First time tattoos always feel really bad as it is a new experience of pain you never have had before.
No shame in been honest about the fact that tattoos hurt.

To be honest there is nothing that you can take that will not put you at (some) risk for tattoo painkilling. I spent many months researching the effects of various drugs whilst people got tattooed.

Check out my blog it will advise you some on the risks.

Main thing is try to relax and just accept that it is gonna hurt but you go through your first one ok.

Proud of you! Now post it up!

๐Ÿ˜‰

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well it didnt kill you did it so it cant be that bad :D:rolleyes:

seriously , i dont enjoy getting tattooed one bit but i have to sit through it to decorate my body how i like .
if you can zone out while listening to music or something it makes it a lot easier .

scubaaaron
Participant
@scubaaaron

its in my album now the next one is going to be an underwater scene half sleeve

G3NESYS
Participant
@g3nesys

my last two tatts were on my clalfs and they hurt more than i expected.
i have two on my back, a decent sized cross, and my name across the back. when i was sitting down to do my calves, the pain caught me off guard. i figured they would hurt less since 1. my other ones went over my spine at different pionts, and 2. because i had had other tatts so i was ready for it.

well he stared andi was kinda like wtf? lol
so idk if the calves are more sensitive or not, but i would say that those two hurt mroe than my first 2

SweetyStacey
Participant
@sweetystacey

I had a tattoo on my ankle and it didn’t hurt for me, but my wrist tat hurt a lot but I’m one of those freaks who loves the pain of getting a tattoo. This is probably nothing like it but when I use those epilators to remove hair on my legs as soon as I get round to the calf it hurts like a b*tch so I would say that the calf is more sensitive.

Stacey

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
S.Neill;49958 wrote:
Get you an Ipod and load up on heavy metal music. It does something to you and the pain just fades away…..

Who do you suggest? ๐Ÿ™‚

musink
Participant
@musink

My artist once did a rib-piece on a girl that said “pain is weakness leaving the body” she whined about how much it hurt the whole and now she’ll never live it down…everytime she so much as stubs a toe people remind her of her motto.

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill
Joker1;50033 wrote:
Who do you suggest? ๐Ÿ™‚

All depends on your likes. I like Metallica, Megadeath, Black Flag, you know, old school stuff like that.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Good man, better be some Pantera in there too if you’re a true Texan ๐Ÿ˜‰

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill

I love Pantera. For years nothing I listened to was mainstream, it was all underground garage music. I had some of Panteras stuff before they made it big. Wish I still had it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.