Ben-
Participant
@ben

im confused about a first tattoo idea as i want something japanese and quite big. the thing im confused about is i know if i get something small i will want a new tattoo soon after because i will feel it needs something extra. but at the same time if i get something big i might not be entirely sure i want it as it is my first tattoo. anyone think a half sleeve from my shoulder to my elbow would be a good idea? really want a hanya mask in it sumwere!:) if anyone could give me any advice id appreciate it!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its a great idea if its what you would really like to do , never get any tattoos that your not sure about or just because everyone else has them and you think it must be cool :rolleyes:

Ben-
Participant
@ben

yea i think it is what i want to do, iv been thinking about gettin a nice big japanese tattoo nearly everyday for the past year. now i hav to save

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

If you start small and get bitten by the tattoo bug, you’ll be kicking yourself you didn’t go bigger. Having said that, it’s no big deal to add on to a small tattoo, I just prefer the look of one big flowing piece instead of a bunch of smaller pieces attached together.
A half sleeve looks impressive, and would be easy enough to add on to later if you wanted.
…and yes, start saving 🙂

Ben-
Participant
@ben

yea i think a big flowing piece looks better than loads of small things bunched together. oh and in £ how much would a fairly detailed half sleeve be? ino it depends on the artist ect, but roughly..?

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

I charge 2000 to 3000 for half sleeves that rap full color depends on if its a cover and how big of a mofo you are too.

Ben-
Participant
@ben

fuck wasnt expecting that:eek: but if its amzing artwork it should be worth it

JamesRussom
Participant
@jamesrussom

Our bodies should be our temple and we should put offering into what will be there for life.You’ll pay more in clothes that will be thrown away outgrown or turned to rubish.Why not if its permanent, figure 20 or 30 hours at 100 or 150 an hour perty good price.

Ben-
Participant
@ben

your right but i was expecting about 60-100 an hour and it to take about 8 hours. but anyway im not goin to rush into anything and it will hav to mean sumthing to me

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
JamesRussom;50155 wrote:
Our bodies should be our temple and we should put offering into what will be there for life.You’ll pay more in clothes that will be thrown away outgrown or turned to rubish.Why not if its permanent, figure 20 or 30 hours at 100 or 150 an hour perty good price.

That’s actually a really cool way of looking at it, I’ll tell that to my mother next time she tries giving me crap over the price of tattoos

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i havent tried to work out how much my half sleeve has cost :rolleyes:
i dont want to know LOL

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.