Mark23
Participant
@mark23

Hey, I am going to New York for the summer and really want to get a nice tattoo done while I am there. Really like comic style stuff and I have had this idea in my mind of a while now. Don’t know how to attach a pic so I just included a link below. Anyway this is the artwork off one of my favourite bands who were actually from New York also and the album artwork is quite nyc itself.

I am hoping to get this done on my outer bicep but not sure if it will fit well as I am quite skinny and have pretty small arms. I will not be including the text but just the image and the smoke cloud. What do you think, could this work?

Thanks

http://arhowerton.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/the_velvet_underground-loaded.jpg

LUV2SING
Participant
@luv2sing

I think your idea is very good, but without the text in the image it would look a little incomplete. So try to think of another phrase that you could put in the image.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes the tattoo can be translated quite easily however there are factors that will need to be taken into account.

This is quite a detailed tattoo so if you want to fit all the detail in you may need to choose a bigger placement area such as chest or calf.

I would recommend spacing the metal posts out a little so not to cramp the ink up and also the steps may need more definition as the dirt that is covering them would simply look like ink smudges.

You can reinterpret that by having the steps shaded in which would make a much nicer effect.

Take Care
Matthew

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

about the metal posts, yeh, in time ink spreads in the skin causing it to have an almost smudged effect, those posts would just go into a black wall, give the artwork to a tattooist, he’ll know what’s best, its a cool idea, all you need now is a new phrase to go in the smoke.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.